AD Blitzcrank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saavedra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Obviously starting meki and rushing tear is the right move, but what next? I am thinking zerker greaves next, but then I have a bit of a conundrum. It's between finishing manamune, bloodthirster, and sheen (to eventual triforce). Right now I am thinking vampiric scepter, then manamune, then sheen, then triforce, then bloodthirster last. What do you think?

5h4p3

02-20-2011

I just wrote this in another thread, but:

Tear -> merc treads (most of the time, otherwise take Ionian, the CDR helps a lot more than the AS) -> Glacial shroud (survivability is good) -> Finish Manamune -> Banshee's -> Sheen and then it's a toss up on what your team needs (also you may want to switch the Banshee's and the glacial shroud if they're caster-heavy)...

Bloodthirster is great if you're doing REALLY well. Frozen Heart if they're physical heavy, followed by catalyst -> ROA.

Triforce is obviously great, I just don't like building it in stages, the other items that make it up don't synergize as well with the build. I'd rather grab another mana buff + defensive item, and keep laying down the CC hurt, than just a little more damage.

For a lot of dps champs, building tanky items in comes at a loss, for blitz, it just makes all of his CC abilities just THAT much more effective. Usually I end the game with around 215 phys damage, 50+ AP, but the sheen proc on his fist more than makes up for it.

EDIT: For runes I also run:

Marks: Arpen
Seals: Mana Regen
Glyphs: Magic Resist (These help SOO much early game)
Quints: Health

Summoners: Exhaust (great for FB) and teleport (every ward somewhere on the map is an opportunity to isolate an opponent)
And Masteries:
1-14-15 (1 for the exhaust, 14 for health-regen per mana and 2 points in vitality, 15 for mana regen, 5% increased mana, and increased movespeed, which helps a lot when landing grabs)

Saavedra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Blitz's attack speed is kinda **** even when his w is turned on. What's the point of going AD if you can't hit? Zerk gives you cheap attack speed which he desperately needs. There just isn't room in the build to get it anywhere else.

Harbin

02-20-2011

Sheeeeeeen fiiiiirst.

Sheeeeeeeen.

Sheen.

Saavedra

02-20-2011

In fact, I don't see why you would get CDR at all with him. All of his abilities work just fine on their base timers.

Saavedra

02-20-2011

Sheen is VERY good, and it gives mana which is great for his survivability. But meki is SO good for laning, and it builds so nicely into tear, which is so great to get early so as not to gimp your end game mana. And tear is so cheap, too. That's why I think it's worth holding off on sheen until after tear. I could see getting sheen next, though, maybe even before boots, or after level 1 boots, in some cases. I don't know.

5h4p3

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavedra View Post
Blitz's attack speed is kinda **** even when his w is turned on. What's the point of going AD if you can't hit? Zerk gives you cheap attack speed which he desperately needs. There just isn't room in the build to get it anywhere else.
With full CDR your overdrive never ends, I'd rather have a permanent move speed buff and attack speed, than a bit more AS once in a while.

Merc treads will save your life. Over and Over again.

And the thing is, if you land your power fist, you'll have no problem hitting them. You also can grab them multiple times during a chase with full CDR, and ult multiple times in a battle.

Zerker's just doesn't help as much imo...

Also, sheen is fantastic, but if you get it first, you won't build your tear nearly as fast, and the absence of regen will make your passive a lot worse. Tear first has much better survivability. After that, I get sheen as soon as I can, but usually Banshee's and Glacial Shroud help my team a lot more.

Saavedra

02-20-2011

You have convinced me to at least try new OP cdr boots. And I am considering what you are saying about sheen, as well.

Right now I'm thinking meki, tear, Ionians, (sheen and manamune, not sure about order) then triforce, then bloodthirster. I want to try building him as a carry and see if I like it before I try building him as the same boring old tanky dps everyone builds on every **** champion in every game, at least. But I kinda want the other 20% cdr if this is going to work, so maybe I should still get glacial shroud, at least, and I can always get heart later. I dunno.

5h4p3

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saavedra View Post
You have convinced me to at least try new OP cdr boots. And I am considering what you are saying about sheen, as well.

Right now I'm thinking meki, tear, Ionians, (sheen and manamune, not sure about order) then triforce, then bloodthirster. I want to try building him as a carry and see if I like it before I try building him as the same boring old tanky dps everyone builds on every **** champion in every game, at least. But I kinda want the other 20% cdr if this is going to work, so maybe I should still get glacial shroud, at least, and I can always get heart later. I dunno.
cool, I've actually done that build a lot (though I'd never skimp on the glacial shroud, 425 mana? 20% cdr? who cares if they're all casters... with his passive and manamune, that item basically becomes:

425 mana
212 health
8.5 damage
20% CDR
45 armor

It's just frikkin incredible.)

If you get FB and 3 kills, I say go for it, blitz CAN carry a team. If you get caught behind though, his lower base stats will make it really hard to be effective.

EDIT: And yeah, TOTALLY wait on the frozen heart, you only really need the upgrade if there's a yi or a trynd mauling your team.

Saavedra

02-20-2011

Where to fit it in, though? I guess if you feel you need survivability, get shroud, if not, then wait on it and get sheen first? But you need the cdr for the constant w, q, etc. spamming.... So maybe from tear to boots right to shroud, always, then sheen, manamune, triforce? What a weird ass build.