Ruby Crystal 10 1.46%
Regrowth Pendant 12 1.75%
Amplifying Tome 27 3.95%
Boots 78 11.40%
Item+pots 35 5.12%
Other 9 1.32%
Voters: 684. You may not vote on this poll

Cassiopeia: Guide/Discussion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ePalm

Recruiter

03-02-2011

In terms of starting items I like the Ruby Crystal because the way I've experienced Cassiopeia is that no one out harasses me. If they are going to kill me I am going to die in a huge burst of damage, so all I have to do is survive that burst to kill them or escape.

Medusa

03-02-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ePalm View Post
In terms of starting items I like the Ruby Crystal because the way I've experienced Cassiopeia is that no one out harasses me. If they are going to kill me I am going to die in a huge burst of damage, so all I have to do is survive that burst to kill them or escape.
Hmm, interesting. Though you would have to conserve quite a bit more and focus on last-hits via just auto attack. So youl have that mana pool to kill.

LethalYarn

03-04-2011

As a fellow Cass player, I do appreciate this guide. More people need to play her : )

I'm one of those players who go for the RoA/Rylais/Swiftness builds with an emphasis on NB, which I find powerful in terms of utility and staying alive in team fights (otherwise she could be bursted down very hard, especially if a stealth pops behind you).

I'll give your build (Tear/Sorc/Abyssal) today as well as your skill build (emphasis on Fangs, then level Miasma/NB evenly) and let you know what I think about it. Admittingly, I'll miss the 3k HP you get from RoA/Rylais.

Medusa

03-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethalYarn View Post
As a fellow Cass player, I do appreciate this guide. More people need to play her : )

I'm one of those players who go for the RoA/Rylais/Swiftness builds with an emphasis on NB, which I find powerful in terms of utility and staying alive in team fights (otherwise she could be bursted down very hard, especially if a stealth pops behind you).

I'll give your build (Tear/Sorc/Abyssal) today as well as your skill build (emphasis on Fangs, then level Miasma/NB evenly) and let you know what I think about it. Admittingly, I'll miss the 3k HP you get from RoA/Rylais.
Yeah, more people prefer your build for sure as it is somewhat safer.

4death4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

03-04-2011

If you try her with BV you will be amazed how well it allows you to ult more, this is a must with any type of hard/soft CC. Especially if you have Archangel(s) in your build, the mana isn't much but the spell block is sweet I love it <3

I don't always build Rylai's because it's so pricey for the little AP it gives, the slow is really nice though, especially with E spam. Mostly I just prefer Veil just for safety it's good early and not all that pricey for how many times it saved me.

Getting some extra move speed with Lichbane or Nature's is almost essential in most games vs casters or tank/ap, its not 100% of the you land Noxus so having extra is good for clean kills or getaways(she lacks here bad if you don't have Flash). This is situational no question, I mean tank/ap mostly for Singed, Shen, Maokai, Rammus you know the kind that don't let you run too easy.... get these 2 items and you can almost outrun them all(no one except Yi can outrun Rammus).

Medusa

03-04-2011

Yeah, BV is often my SDI though i wouldn't get it before 3rd pick as i like those to be reserved for my AP/Boots. I do like Frozen Heart though and you can get past the point of probably being interrupted by using the ult in the think of team fights or as a surprise out of a bush.

With getaways it is something you can easily work around (if you didnt take Flash etc) by just placing yourself better and seeing where team fights are leading.

Argodis

03-05-2011

Not really sure on a Cass build anymore. I can't get the survivability that I want because I need to get AA otherwise I have mana issues. I tried Morello's Tome as an alternative and it's nice but it's not enough for 9/21/0. Chalice isn't enough, but more importantly it takes up a slot I believe is better reserved for something else. I tried going back to 9/0/21 and got reminded how fast Cass explodes so I'm never doing that again. Mana was never an issue with 9/0/21 though.

0/21/9 Nope, didn't like it.
9/0/21 Cass the pinata. No thanks.
3/21/6 Nope.
9/6/16 Nope...

I could switch out my armor yellows for mana regen per level but I honestly doubt that will help much. And I'd be losing 13 armor...

The only thing I can really think of is rushing catalyst and building RoA after I finish boots and go from there. I would like to have Rylai's, RoA, Deathcap, and Baneshee but in the average game, I'm not going to get enough money to buy all that and mana regen is still left out. And then there is WoA which synergies so well with Cass yet I can't find a place for that because you need a decent amount of AP to make the most of it and because you're Cass, you need survivability earlier than most AP carries. Maybe I should forgo Deathcap until late game but I'm not sure I'll have enough AP to kill anything none squishy fast enough. It's so expensive.

Blue buff isn't an option because this is LoL, people are selfish and it doesn't help that I'm Cass so people don't wanna give me anything.

Maybe I should build Sorc shoes and Deathcap and nothing but survivability after that to be a tanky DPS. lol

I was trying to get Cass to a point where I could carry a team of feeders and win 4v5s but I never quite got there. Instead, I can only carry decent players and maybe 1 feeder but that isn't good enough if you want to progress in LoL.

Think I may be giving up on Cass and go back to maining support champs like Sona and Morgana. :/

Medusa

03-05-2011

Yeah, its a downer for sure when you get in a slump with just one champ. Things will pick up. I think you should switch out your armor yellows. I believe that the mana-lvl is much more beneficial and really helps. Sorc+Abyssal should give you the edge you need and survivability.

You shouldn't have to carry a team of feeders, Try and not worry about those games. Though often thats not the case ofc and sometimes people have bad games/just plain get outplayed even if they dont make mistakes.

Abyssal really helps agaist magic dmg all but 2 champs have inherantly. Most have skills dealing substantial magic dmg. So its never a bad idea to get Abyssal if you look at it that way. As your always protecting against dmg from casters of course, and those other non-laughable skills (Rupture, Trueshot Barrage, Demacian Justice to name a few) In a way your always protecting yourself quite well. Even if the team does happen to have Urgot and Olaf the other 3 will have some form of magic dmg (1 or 2 caster champs, the tank or two, Udyr) you get the idea.

In two ways Abyssal helps, giving that amazing ammount of Mresist also allowing you and your teamates to really do much more dmg with there skills (casters of course but also champs like Alistar for instance) If you can kill them faster that is also survivability as it allows more kills because you have both sides of covered (not just one or the other.)

Any champs that make themselves to go super AD (as in carry level of AD) means they are super squishy and you should be able to take care of them faster then they take care of you.

If they dont build super AD, not a whole lot to fret about there either as there going to do less dmg anyway which is something you were worried about.

Anywho thats just why i think its good and something you could go for say 3rd pick?

Sona would be a good choice to brush up on if you do stop, as she is getting buffed/changed in the near future so she'l be much better then she is.

Argodis

03-05-2011

Alright, thanks. I'll try that out.

Resilga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-05-2011

I wish you could make a video of good cass positioning and ganks that were actually successful BECAUSE You were there and not like some of those vids where they are already fed and pwn someone or just toss in a hit while the enemy was already going to die.

Something informative is all. Nice guide though, makes me want to mess around with her.