Regrowth Pendant 12 1.76%
Amplifying Tome 27 3.96%
Boots 78 11.44%
Item+pots 35 5.13%
Other 9 1.32%
Voters: 682. You may not vote on this poll

Cassiopeia: Guide/Discussion

1234567 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Medusa

02-22-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianetics View Post
Yup that's what I do. I also pick up teleport and clarity although I'm rethinking clairity since once I have my dorans mana is no longer a problem. Still teammates tend to appreciate that clarity.
Yeah, depending on team make-up and your choice of masteries 9/0/21 or 9/21/0. If you happen to go in the duo lane and another champ with mana problems, for sure take it. Though with someone who is going to regain their mana (Taric, Kassadin etc) its probably not the best choice. But yes, its usually a good pick, if there are 3 or more mana user's on the team.

Medusa

02-22-2011

Added a poll.

Tons Of Šamage

02-23-2011

Good read, thanks for the tips ill make sure to give her a try.

Medusa

02-23-2011

NP, i also added a part just now about key-binding and removing Shift for smart casting all together.

Courier Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anivias Chosen View Post
Interesting to see Doran's Ring not first on her/only one. Nice looking build.
Thanks. I like the dorans there as it helps keep the early pressure on due to its really good cost efficiency and because i rush tear of the goddess it comes out a bit later. A bit a health early game is always nice as i dont run +health quints so it kind of makes up for that as well.

Why do people run clarity? I personally find that when i run out of mana for the first time it is around the time i have enough for tear so i am pretty happy to go back. By mid game mana issues are long gone i find. I personally like the flaming pure damage dot that halves healing, its name always evades me. Do people run it for the team? I guess if your not going tear you can have mana issues, but i feel that because your spamming a spell every 3 seconds that thing caps very quickly.

Courier Lord

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2011

Has anyone tried spell vamp or lichbane as a luxury? Was wondering how that would work.

Also how do you skill build her, i am normally quite good at building champs on the fly, but cass seems a little more complicated.

Medusa

02-23-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Courier Lord View Post
Has anyone tried spell vamp or lichbane as a luxury? Was wondering how that would work.
Spell Vamp is quite useful. (via Will of the Ancients) Though depending how you plan to play her youl want good mana + regen. It can be quite good for sustained fighting against many champs though going without can work just as well. Make sure to offset with something that gives mana or regen since you dont get any from the spell vamp stuff.

Lichbane is nice though you are a more focused on spamming and when you are meant to do dmg there shouldnt be enough time in-between for auto attacks. Youl want to be hitting with Twin Fang as much as you can and casting Q/W wherever it permits. It is nice if you built more AP via Deathcap, to take down towers etc faster. But usually better as a late-late game.

Also you out range the enemy with all your skills so going in closer to hit with an auto attack wouldn't be a wise choice in most situations.

Quote:
Also how do you skill build her, i am normally quite good at building champs on the fly, but cass seems a little more complicated.
It depends on what items you get and how you want top focus using her in any particular game. A common way is to max Twin Fang and have NB and Miasma at about the same. Or if you want you could focus on NB/Miasma for your main source of dmg.

Usually maxing Twin Fang is your best bet though.

Argodis

02-25-2011

I rarely have to use my ult to save myself during late game. I usually only use it when there are at least 2 enemies facing my direction or to save the AD carry. With at least 500 or so AP even landing your ult on 2 people nearly guarantees you win the team fight. A few days ago I was able to land my ult perfectly on all 5 members of the enemy team. All melee team FTL. lol

The amount of health you're able to regen with 750+ AP and WoA is extremely good. The only people that are really a threat to you are other carries but if they can hurt you, you can hurt them much more and also regen much faster. It has allowed me to take out many strong AD carries 1v1 and even win many 2v1.

Nearly lost my last game though. I never really had a problem with the delayed ult effect since I only used my ult once I knew the enemy was committed to attacking, but it really became annoying when I would ult but Singed toss would get processed first so I would ult in an awkward direction resulting in my death.

Oh and lost to a bad Cass player. Well, not exactly a bad Cass player but bad player fundamentally. Not many know how to lane against Cass and our Corki being one of them cost us the game.

And another thing, I was watching a stream earlier and I saw a smite/revive Cass. It did not go well...

Asylumseeker

02-25-2011

Yesterday i completed my build twice and to be honest i was obliterating everyone. Managed to kill renekton a couple of times with a bit of kiting.

end build was
archangels staff
merc treads
rylais scepter
banshees veil
will of the ancients
randabans cap

I was low on health one time and being chased. As i ran past some minions i just hit Q/W on them quickly and was healed nicely to not be in danger Also i still love rylais. So many time its gotten me kills or saved me. Doing dragon with your team? just shove a miasma down on the way in. Gives you 7 seconds where they cant get to you quicklly.

Medusa

02-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asylumseeker View Post
Yesterday i completed my build twice and to be honest i was obliterating everyone. Managed to kill renekton a couple of times with a bit of kiting.

end build was
archangels staff
merc treads
rylais scepter
banshees veil
will of the ancients
randabans cap

I was low on health one time and being chased. As i ran past some minions i just hit Q/W on them quickly and was healed nicely to not be in danger Also i still love rylais. So many time its gotten me kills or saved me. Doing dragon with your team? just shove a miasma down on the way in. Gives you 7 seconds where they cant get to you quicklly.
Yeah, Miasma for sure is amazing in those ways. Clearly not the "bad skill" people say it is. Get a bit of CD and you can have one up all the time. Even two for a bit if you really want to max CD. Spell-Vamp is overlooked a fair bit i think for how useful it is.

1234567 ... 11