Mejai Soulstealer on Supports

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theorycrafter

01-31-2012

It's cheap, you get tons of assists with anything you do, you rarely die, you get better in supporting as it grows in stacks.
If the enemy considers putting you down *due* to it, they'll waste valuable spells they could use on people actually dealing a lot more damage.
And EVEN if they manage to do it a few times, you can just sell it and you'll lose an OMG amount of 435 g.

Now, why don't supports get it?

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2012

The problem is that it takes a while to even get. They want Philo Stone and HoG ASAP. From there I guess they could get the soulstealer and hope to get mad mad assists while not dying ever. Good luck with that.

Support is considered as such because they can still do decently even without tons of AP. This generally means they are less AP efficient (i.e. need it less because it does less for them). Therefore they are usually better off with a nice aura item instead of a conditional self-buff item.

SynergyDreamer

01-31-2012

Because the new meta is gp/10 and wards.
I wouldn't recommend it going Solo Queue since a lot of people would expect the meta and would proceed to whine. But if you're playing with friends who are reasonable enough to also get a ward, even once in a blue moon, then by all means have fun.
Also, the only support champs I would recommend that on are Janna and Nidalee.

S0T0

Recruiter

01-31-2012

Last support games; No Wards
- Get Ganked
- :'(