Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

who to buy: Cho or Singed?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Posmo

02-20-2011

Want to buy a tank, mostly for ranked solo queue 5s, have my eyes on cho and singed...who would be the better pick?

ldfhndfjkndh

02-20-2011

Cho'gath is overall more effective and versatile, but he's generally harder to use. He doesn't even need health items to be able to tank like crazy. I build him AP, and I can take out squishies in one combo. And know that if you decide to build him full tank, lategame with full stacks and Guardian Angel you are literally unkillable. His Rupture is basically a better, spammable version of Malphite's ult, and his silence can shut down an entire team.

Singed is easier to use, but Blitzcrank is simply better at what he specializes at, and that's isolating an enemy and placing him in the heart of your team to get eaten up in a split second. Plus his laning phase is terrible. His slow is nice, but Cho'Gath slows for about the same and at the same time does damage and knocks them up. His poison is rather negligible if you decide to build him tank (it does quite a bit of damage if you build him AP/Tank, though). Just note that he's generally regarded as an off-tank.

So simply put, Cho'Gath is better, I'd get him instead.

superpyro40

02-20-2011

....I agree. I do own Singed, and he's kinda fun to play, especially with Ghost. But a flashing Cho'Gath is hilarious, especially when your enemy is tower hugging at low health. Flash to them, Feast them, they die, the extra health you get saves you from the tower.

Also, his passive is SO much better than any of the above tanks (Blitzcrank and Singed). It's like the perfect laning phase. Also, with Cho'Gath, if you can get your stats up, you will absorb skill shots like crazy. If your allies just walk behind you, or even under you (especially under you, because they'll be wildly left clicking on huge ass.

Posmo

02-20-2011

Quote:
ldfhndfjkndh:
Cho'gath is overall more effective and versatile, but he's generally harder to use. He doesn't even need health items to be able to tank like crazy. I build him AP, and I can take out squishies in one combo. And know that if you decide to build him full tank, lategame with full stacks and Guardian Angel you are literally unkillable. His Rupture is basically a better, spammable version of Malphite's ult, and his silence can shut down an entire team.

Singed is easier to use, but Blitzcrank is simply better at what he specializes at, and that's isolating an enemy and placing him in the heart of your team to get eaten up in a split second. Plus his laning phase is terrible. His slow is nice, but Cho'Gath slows for about the same and at the same time does damage and knocks them up. His poison is rather negligible if you decide to build him tank (it does quite a bit of damage if you build him AP/Tank, though). Just note that he's generally regarded as an off-tank.

So simply put, Cho'Gath is better, I'd get him instead.

Thanks...you said you build him AP-do you build him AP regardless of the team comp? And if so, what would your core be (nashors/roa/etc.)

TrustiestKarma

02-20-2011

Man, cho is great and everything those guys said is very true but regardless I would still go with singed. If you can play him right he is virtually unkillable too because of his great movement and regen from his ult. He is a blast to play and can be quite valuable to a team with his poisons/fling and slow. But you need to build him as an AP tank or you will be able to just be ignored and won't be able to do your role as efficiently. He is also not a great choice if you have ******ed teammates that don't focus the carry you just threw into the middle of them, but that rarely happens cause most everyone will be all over the target you flung because of the huge attack me sign on their back. Also you have to be a bit more aggressive and daring with singed than with cho. But I like singed more and say go for him

vulpixel

02-20-2011

Cho gets HP. there are these sweet armor and MR items (zonyas and abyssal) They give you armor and MR, and btw free **** tonna Ap and active and aoe mpen.

Jin32

02-20-2011

I'd say go with singed in solo que, simply because it's tough to find a reliable team to not feed and allow you to get/keep your full stacks as cho.

Badelyn

02-20-2011

Singed can be increadibly disruptive in team fights, (not saying Cho cant) but what I enjoy best about singed is his ability to control lanes late game with posion trail, lure foolish enemies away from fights by tricking them with low hp, movement speed, and rediculously rediculous hp regen, and save team mates with w, or e...

Not bashing on Cho at all, because I used to play him as my main tank, but I have recently started using singed, and he is probably one of the funnest tanks to play

(regrowth pendant --> tier 2 boots --> catalyst --> RoA, FoN, defense items ect ect ect)

Sorbon

02-20-2011

Quote:
TrustiestKarma:
Man, cho is great and everything those guys said is very true but regardless I would still go with singed. If you can play him right he is virtually unkillable too because of his great movement and regen from his ult. He is a blast to play and can be quite valuable to a team with his poisons/fling and slow. But you need to build him as an AP tank or you will be able to just be ignored and won't be able to do your role as efficiently. He is also not a great choice if you have ******ed teammates that don't focus the carry you just threw into the middle of them, but that rarely happens cause most everyone will be all over the target you flung because of the huge attack me sign on their back. Also you have to be a bit more aggressive and daring with singed than with cho. But I like singed more and say go for him

This. ^

Cho is incredibly easy to counter, while Singed is not. Cho's only hope is that while he's being ignored he can do some disruption with silence/knock up then grab a KS with feast. If the enemy team pays him any mind though, he won't be helping at all. He's far too easy to kill to be a main tank. Singed can out tank him, cause disruption, and do plenty of damage all the while.

HMS BUTTPEE

02-20-2011

I play both Singed and Cho, and they actually have similar problems. Both of them are bad at dealing with Banshee's Veil, and both of them need to find a mix between AP and survivability, or else you'll be able to completely ignore them.

Singed has more powerful and, this is the big one, more consistent, initiations with fling though, and if you're looking for a tank, one of the most valuable things you can consider is your ability to initiate.

What Cho is great at is COUNTER initiation. His rupture and scream allow him to control the flow of a fight amazingly well, but they aren't so good at starting them.

Both these characters are mainly off-tanks though.