Who's the Toughest Initiator?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klazzix

01-29-2010

ALISTAR!!!

2nd runner up, Malphite.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadzin View Post
Malphite will get stomped by focus fire
75% reduced damage
Alistar is the way to go here
Is anyone missing the fact that Rammus already has 75%(or around there depending on build) reduced physical damage? his armor is so High, lol. Not to mention if you build him smart, 4.3k health, and magic resist, and then to top that off defensive curl if you need even more armor and resist?... not to mention its not even an ult, and has a very low CD.

Budo

01-29-2010

Initiator? You're going to laugh, but I play Janna and I often find myself initiating in 5v5 fights. I'll wind up a Gale behind me, run in, snare someone, and as their whole team rushes at me the gale hits them, incapacitating them for a moment. At that point I'll run back safely at 500 movement speed with a shield on while my entire team jumps them. They're confused and don't know which one of us to focus because the support initiated.

Although you should probably play her with a lanemate, she can easily hold a lane 1v2 when the need comes (and it will).

Polygon

01-30-2010

I can second what Budo says. It works. Janna is surprisingly resiliant and the high speed means she gets away from crazy situations.

If there is alot of CC, i get Veil, so the initial root/stun doesn't hit. This is usually more than enough to initiate and dive out safely.

MBirk

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akedomo View Post
Is anyone missing the fact that Rammus already has 75%(or around there depending on build) reduced physical damage? his armor is so High, lol. Not to mention if you build him smart, 4.3k health, and magic resist, and then to top that off defensive curl if you need even more armor and resist?... not to mention its not even an ult, and has a very low CD.
Rammus is good. His def curl has a much shorter cd then unbreakable will.
But, powerball isn't the aoe stun of malph, alistar, or Amunu.
And def curls armor/mr is counterable by voidstaff/lastwhipser/black cleaver. While there is no counter to alistars ult. This hurts him greatly, as any team with half a brain will gear to counter rammus. This doesn't negate him completely. but does reduce his power in comparison to alistar.
A tremor/2sunfire cape/thornmail/fon rammus does a ton of aoe damage, and is very hard to kill.

AresGodOfWar

01-30-2010

You guys are kidding right? its poppy as of right now. Her ulti can just make her do laps around the entire team doing absolutely nothing to her.

BORF

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AresGodOfWar View Post
You guys are kidding right? its poppy as of right now. Her ulti can just make her do laps around the entire team doing absolutely nothing to her.
Poppy probably about the same survivability as alistar when they both rush into a team of 5, but alistar has an aoe stun and headbutt which makes him leaps and bounds more useful in the fight. They're also on pretty short cooldowns, so with frozen heart you can use them multiple times in team fights.

Greenthumbz

01-30-2010

POPPY is the best initiator by far, RUSH IN kill one suck up dmg for 6 seconds, kill another one, ur team rickrolled the rest of em.
Poppy ftw hands down
Cant beleive she wasnt even mention till page 5
POPPY IS BUILT TO INITIATE
obviously

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenthumbz View Post
POPPY is the best initiator by far, RUSH IN kill one suck up dmg for 6 seconds, kill another one, ur team rickrolled the rest of em.
Poppy ftw hands down
Cant beleive she wasnt even mention till page 5
POPPY IS BUILT TO INITIATE
obviously
She wasn't mentioned till page 5 simply because you can only do this in the low tier games.. and possibly a few mid tier. He's looking for the best all round, not just someone that only shines against nooby players.

HotsauceShoTYME

01-30-2010

The reason malphite is #1 is because he can ult the carry and be in position to ground slam to reduce the damage they can do and then get out and still have flash to get back in on the carry.

Late game malphite does not die unless you spend alot of time dpsing him. In this case your team should be raping theirs.

Alistar flash stun to bump to isolate the carry is good to.