Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who's the Toughest Initiator?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swillis

01-29-2010

i can hardly believe no one has mentioned Singed. my dps build is nearly always pushing 5k health, without a single tank item (3 rod of ages if i can get em fast enough), so as far as keep 2 people occupied he defenatly takes the cake with the added bonus of him probably killing them as well. with an ulti and cleanse he is also great in initiating team fights. perhaps the only problem with him is if they see that ulti coming even solo they GTFO

unentschieden

01-29-2010

First things first: NO Champ can run into a 5er Team and simply survive. Even Alistar only lasts until his Ult wears off. Neither should that be possible, a Initiator has abilities that are ideal to starting a fight.

As initiator Alistar is cripplingly reliant on Flash/Ghost, he just is to slow otherwise to properly place Pulverize. He is still great but not as broken as everyone seems to list him.
Malphites advantage isn´t that much his Stun but the longrange flash+stun. Also he actually deals damage unlike Ali.
Singeds Toss is a great Initiator skill, just like Grab or Headbutt. Also the Poison is a serious source of damage in Teamfights, even better than Malphites melee abilities I´d say.

Sariat

01-29-2010

Trynda? I know he doesn't have a whole lot of utility as far as disrupt, but warcry does some decent coolness.

And...ultimate + good self heal? Folks are talkin about the few seconds Rammus can sustain. What about the 6 trynda can? And spin on out when things gets harry. Load him up with armor instead of dps stuff, he may even be able to take a few hits before he ults. I've never done that....but maybe it's possible?

Kinney

01-29-2010

A full growth MF'ing Cho'gath is virtually impossible to kill. I've seen one or two just ride out the full duration of Crowstorm and then eat my face the second Fear wears off.

Kung Fu English

01-29-2010

I would say a MFing cho'gath is the best at surviving. Usually when I have full growths, warmogs, sunfire cape and aegis, i can run into a team of 5 and come out alive and with half health every time.

Pop up > initiate > attack > scream > attack > pick off one with feast > everyone runs > laugh at their team.

Also when teammates are running from a gank I can usually just step in with a pop up and a few auto attacks and have no fear of dying while they get away.

2v1s are fun at mid level with cho, as you can probably take one out while the other does pitiful damage to you or even take both out, at the least sending them both running.

I do want to try rammus sometime though he sounds fun.

Omega Therion

01-29-2010

Quote:
Kung Fu English:
I would say a MFing cho'gath is the best at surviving. Usually when I have full growths, warmogs, sunfire cape and aegis, i can run into a team of 5 and come out alive and with half health every time.

Pop up > initiate > attack > scream > attack > pick off one with feast > everyone runs > laugh at their team.

Also when teammates are running from a gank I can usually just step in with a pop up and a few auto attacks and have no fear of dying while they get away.

2v1s are fun at mid level with cho, as you can probably take one out while the other does pitiful damage to you or even take both out, at the least sending them both running.

I do want to try rammus sometime though he sounds fun.

Plus, Cho'gath is the most stylish initiator with Precharge rupture to flash scream to feast

JohnCataldo

01-29-2010

Quote:
Swillis:
i can hardly believe no one has mentioned Singed. my dps build is nearly always pushing 5k health, without a single tank item (3 rod of ages if i can get em fast enough), so as far as keep 2 people occupied he defenatly takes the cake with the added bonus of him probably killing them as well. with an ulti and cleanse he is also great in initiating team fights. perhaps the only problem with him is if they see that ulti coming even solo they GTFO

Rod of Ages is definitely a tank item, for mage tanks. It provides 650 health, more than a Giant's Belt (and provides +812 health for Singed, with his passive).

I'm curious if Singed is viable in high level play. I like him a lot, but sometimes it's obvious he's beating up on new players who chase him forever and die in the poison trail. Of course, laying poison on everyone in a team fight when you have ~200 AP is nothing to sneeze at. It's less noticeable than other AoE attacks but still a major source of damage.

And a pool of Glue is perhaps the best non-ultimate AoE slow. Of course, Singe's ultimate isn't a scary death dealing doomball either, and against strong enemy spikes he'll still drop like a rock without specific protection items (armor or MR).

JohnCataldo

01-29-2010

Quote:
BORF:
Alistar is easily the best. He has a move that makes him take 75% less of all damage after armour, an aoe stun that lasts twice as long as Malphites(which I don't think is even a stun), and headbutt. You can also just flash in to initiate instead of Malphite's cool-aid man moves, which is about the same thing.

Neither Alistar's nor Malphite's disables are actually "stuns". They are both knock-ups.

Valduran

01-29-2010

Quote:
JohnCataldo:
Neither Alistar's nor Malphite's disables are actually "stuns". They are both knock-ups.

Incorrect. Alistar's ability stuns after they hit the ground.

Sparro

01-29-2010

Uhh i swore alistar's knock up stuned you when u landed... or thats what i thought tho little dizzy swirls over your head ment for like the sec or two after u hit the ground...