Who's the Toughest Initiator?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyBalls View Post
I see that, in my ignorance, I have caused some confusion. The title of the thread asks who is the best initiator and then the thread describes the champion as someone who soaks up all the enemy offense. Perhaps then the problem is that the best initiator is not the best at soaking up all the enemy offense?

Perhaps Malphite is the better initiator because of his disruption while Rammus is better at running around with a bullseye painted on his shell yelling, "you momma's teeth so yellow she could butter a whole loaf of bread!"

I think what I would prefer at this point is survivability and the ability to keep two enemies occupied at any stage of the game, so the rest of my team is 4v3 basically. From what I've heard, not dying is a bonus. I'd like to roll into mid, soak up some ultimates for my team, and live to tell the tale.
You did say Toughest Initiator though :P and thats what got me to rammus, and if surviability is what you need thats what you'll get so long as you're smart with his defensive ball curl, I always around 200 armor on rammus, just because anymore starts giving you lower and lower amounts of decreased damage done to you, sure it gives him damage, but why get that 75% reduced damage to 77% for another 4000g, when you could just get another 1k health?. Try him out I'm sure you won't be dissapointed, if you practice with him enough you'll even start using him as a semi-dps, He's perfectly capable of killing 2 enemy hero's solo and walking away with more than half health

DonkeyBalls

Recruiter

01-28-2010

edited post, and yes i will give rammus a try. rolly-polly pill bug sounds like fun times

Akedomo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2010

If you wanna try a practice game with me let me know, I'm not doing anything
I can teach you a few tricks.

Nether

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akedomo View Post
I always around 200 armor on rammus, just because anymore starts giving you lower and lower amounts of decreased damage done to you,
This is just not true. I understand where the confusion comes from, but 1% damage reduction is worth more at 50% damage reduction than it is at 0%. The point for point decrease in percentage of damage reduced by armor value mathematically scales with this increase in worth.

TLDR: One point of armor is worth exactly the same in damage reduction at 0 armor as it is at 200 and 400. (until you reach whatever the armor cap is in LoL)

Lumaca

01-28-2010

Why hasn't Unbreakable Will been mentioned? Alistar can tank the whole enemy team with little gear with his Ulti on.

Akedomo

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumaca View Post
Why hasn't Unbreakable Will been mentioned? Alistar can tank the whole enemy team with little gear with his Ulti on.
Because as soon as he uses it, any competent player will immediately ignore him and beat the snot out of the rest of his team

With Rammus' Taunt, you can easily cause general havoc, especially when people try to go save their teammates

Epistemic

Recruiter

01-28-2010

On Malphite I easily take on 2 people at once. Malphite has a great initiating ability, his passive is incredible, and his attacks are aoe. He can ult in which (I heard they changed it this patch) stuns the enemy team for 4 seconds, then use his ground stomp move, which is aoe and does damage based on his armor, give himself more atk damage (I think it's 60%) which is also aoe, and then slow anyone that is trying to run.

Rammus is good, so is Malphite. Malphite's passive makes him better at soaking up damage than Rammus. His passive is you get a 'damage shield' that absorbs 10% of your hp worth of damage; thus if you have 2000 hp, you absorb 200, it refreshes every 10 seconds that you aren't hit, and the best part about it is it goes perfectly with armor OR hp stacking (more hp = more damage absorbed, more armor = less damage taken = more effective hp = more damage absorbed). Hope this helps.

It might also be worth mentioning that Alistar's headbutt (punt move) can kick people over a treeline, so he can flash/walk in, slam the ground stunning the enemy team for 2.3 secs, then kick one away, ult and survive all the backlash.

Of the heroes, I prefer Malphite. L0cust's tier list has Alistar>Malphite>Rammus (http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=50866); if that matters to you at all.

I'm a little tired as of writing this, so if something is confusing, I will check back tomorrow and clarify.

TL;DR:
Malphite is the best at what you want to do.

BORF

01-28-2010

Alistar is easily the best. He has a move that makes him take 75% less of all damage after armour, an aoe stun that lasts twice as long as Malphites(which I don't think is even a stun), and headbutt. You can also just flash in to initiate instead of Malphite's cool-aid man moves, which is about the same thing.

StretchyStretch

01-28-2010

I think Amumu is great. Bandage Toss in and use ulti and people freak out, turn on Despair and tanks weep. Going 1v2 makes Amumu able to spam Tantrum like crazy. Add a Sunfire Cape or two and you are doing very good damage and hopefully have plenty of health and armor.

Eviant

01-28-2010

Actually, The tank I would fear most is the MFing Cho'Gath. I've played him, and even with a glitchy computer and was something like 3 levels behind, (Which means I didn't play him to any amount of the Effectiveness that most can) But I still made one hell of a difference, in the fact that pushing a lane always resulted in 2-3 people having to come gank me.

Played Properly, he has an AoE Slow (60%) for 3 seconds, plus an AoE silence, and an Ult that makes him that much more imposing, making him impossible to ignore, and the worst part of it, is most times you will end up walking away with a decent amount of health, provided your team is half decent.