Is leblanc good late game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Just wondering how leblanc scales late game? Also, lately ive been playing teemo and lux, is she any harder than them to use?

Booterang

02-20-2011

yes she is a little harder. She also scales poorly lategame, especially when compared to her counterpart, Kassadin. Kassadin is usually considered to be a better version of Leblanc, as both are designed to have high mobility, and assasinate squishies/mages.

Slaul

02-20-2011

LeBlanc's time to shine is late-early game into early-lategame (does that make sense?) when she has her entire skill set at her disposal and can basically one shot most squishys. Late game is a bit more difficult for her, but if you've been playing well already, you should do fine. In a hard fought game you'll basically just need to play better. You need to be with your team being the anti-carry.

LeBlanc is definitely harder to play than Lux or Teemo. However, in my opinion LeBlanc is also a much more rewarding champing to play. She has many subtle nuances that you need to get used to in order to excel with her. I would even go so far as to say her short-term escape is better than Kassadins. LeBlanc can W>R>Ghost/Flash and be away from anybody.

However, I feel that Kassadin would bring more to a teamfight with an AoE slow/nuke. LeBlanc can instagib the opposing teams carry but then she has to wait for cooldowns.

TL;DR LeBlanc is hard to play at her full capacity, Kassadin does more in teamfights with a slightly lower initial skill requirement.

ldfhndfjkndh

02-20-2011

LeBlanc is way, way harder than Lux and Teemo (technically speaking, that is, shroom placement has a rather high learning curve as well).

But she has one of the best early game presences. A good LeBlanc will have you scared, even if you're towerhugging as her harass will literally burst you for half your health. And midgame she can burst a champ for their whole health.

However lategame, she doesn't do as well. She can generally only use her whole combo once in the duration of a team fight. A late game Kassadin can burst as well as she can, just more safely and more often.

Your best bet with Leblanc is to simply be very aggressive and take full advantage of your leverage early game to get yourself fed and counterbalance your natural suckiness late game.

WarKoi

02-20-2011

you cant nuke1combo kill ppl late game, thats all.

sgdfhdfihj

02-20-2011

I don't think LeBlanc is extremely hard to use after your first few tries with her - to get a better feel for how her skills work. I agree, she is really great early and mid game. I think she's still good late game, depending on your opponents, but that also depends on what your opponents build. You have to be way more careful late game unless you build really defensively.

I think banshee's hurts LeBlanc the most out of most champions (other champs who are hurt a lot are veigar and lux). That's one of the reasons why she falls late-game imo; because nearly everyone will have a banshees if they are smart enough, or some mr, or both.

For example, you'd normally probably be able to over-kill heimerdinger by simply jumping out of a bush late game. But once you give him banshees, it would be a lot more risky.

What people often don't realise about LeBlanc is that her R initially has a 30-40 second cool down, and W has a 12-18 second cool down... In addition to this, she is really mana-hungry early game. So once she uses her combo, people see the opponent is on like 1/2 to 1/3 HP, and are all ready to get a kill, while everything of yours is still on cd. So then they ping half a second later and they expect you to deal the same amount of damage as you did before, but you can't as everything is on cd, and they die or it doesn't work and they're like "wtf blanc?" and you're like "cd... you should have waited for me to say okay." Just make sure that they are aware that you won't be able to deal the same colossal damage as before until your cd finishes.

Also, W->R->flash combo is great in most situations, but it won't get you out of everything. There are many champs who are just as good at catching up - particularly as they could have ghost/flash/skills with inbuilt flash too.

MaxPower2009

02-20-2011

No

Narvuntien

02-20-2011

sga;g'ahvavha I never find Leblanc to be mana hungry, she has the perfect amount. I buy no mana items and have no mana runes and I am fine with just meditation. you need more patience summoner.

You are going to be heavily reliant on your teams skill late game. but if you kicked arse early then you have given them an advantage, make sure you take time to gank other lanes.

you are going to need your team to do the turret killing.

you have to rely on them to take most of the damage in a teamfight then hopefully isolate a target for you. It is your job to pick off opponents as quickly as possible to minimise their pain. This is the normal role of an assassin anyway, pick out the most dangerous target take them out.

Leblanc works best in an otherwise Tanky team.