Veigar nuke advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

biomorph

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceist View Post
Lol, you quoted me, and didn't answer the quote.
Sorry, you a right, I gave you a hint, I wrongfully assumed that you possessed the capacity to figure it out on your own. Consider it an assignment you should pass before even considering playing Veigar as it relates to one of the most significant things to know about him.

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCool808 View Post
Depending on how farmed your Q is and how much AP the enemy caster has, you should be able to take them out with your DFG combo by about mid game.
What is the DFG combo? Also, I should probably stay back when soloing a lane, attack the champ, and when he's low enough, just go in for the kill right?

And if in my lane, their is a tank, or someone I just can't take, the smart idea would be to switch with someone more suited for him right?

Aceist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Sorry, you a right, I gave you a hint, I wrongfully assumed that you possessed the capacity to figure it out on your own. Consider it an assignment you should pass before even considering playing Veigar as it relates to one of the most significant things to know about him.
Well, i'm still new, and don't really know much of this game. Straight up answers would be better then hints :/. Also what is the DFG combo?

Aceist

02-20-2011

Quote:
Well, I would prefer straight up answers since i'm still new and don't know much of LoL. Btw, wha is the DFG combo?

Eleora

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Limit View Post
Put in DFG. It's basically your core item along Deathcap. With that put in place, your combo becomes:

E - W - DFG - R - Q
answered on the first page...

biomorph

02-20-2011

All right...
#1: Your Q adds an extra 1 AP permanently when you use it to kill a creep.
#2: Your Q adds an extra 1-5 AP (based on rank) permanently when you kill a champion regardless of how.
#3: DFG* combo means that you trigger abilities in something like the following order: E->W->DFG->R->Q

#1 is THE feature you want to exploit early game by just sitting in lane and using Q to last hit creeps. This can easily award you some 40 AP depending on how much mana/regen you have before you leave lane. This means also that you might not want to spend so much energy harassing and ganking because that can fail or even worse it can backfire. This is often why Veigar is very passive early game and just sits back playing ultra safe and last hitting.

#2 Is not what you want to break your balls exploiting but it IS nice and can award you a few AP.

#3 Is what makes Veigar notorious. If you exploited #1 enough early on you can easily have 100+ AP just wearing DFG and Sorc Boots (which triggers one bonus effect on DFG). With this combo you can literally snipe enemy AP users even at 100% if they have little to no survivability. It becomes even easier if you had a solo lane and gained level advantage.

Is this enough or do I need to spell it out some more? =P

*DFG is a shorthand for Deathfire Grasp which is a item with 60 AP, 15% CDR, 10 MR5 and a unique active effect which is a nuke that deals magic damage corresponding to 15% of targets current health and an extra 3.5% per 100 AP you have.

Cosamaru

02-20-2011

I'm pretty sure his original question was referring to how OTHER heroes could have 300 AP when the items don't add up, not himself as Veigar.

ExecutionerKen

02-20-2011

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=4942336
My guide, it explained what is DFG combo and basic way to kill enemy even when they are at full hp.

As a veigar, your job is to catch the enemy that is out of position with E, then instant kill with your DFG combo, if the enemy is at high hp, try to harass them with a level 5 Q, two shots should be enough to make your combo instant kill on them.

biomorph

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosamaru View Post
I'm pretty sure his original question was referring to how OTHER heroes could have 300 AP when the items don't add up, not himself as Veigar.
In that case my guess would be that he overlooked possible runes, mastery, codex aura, brilliance potion and/or the unique effect on Deathcap. If he want a precise answer he might want to include some details

Deadrin

02-20-2011

Originally Posted by Shiromatsu
If your going to blow your full load onto someone you want to make sure they are low enough

Quote: