Help with evelynn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Penguinbashr

02-19-2011

i feel way to squishy early game and i can't get too many ganks in my games.

i'll get loads of assists after i die but other than that i can't do much, also what's a good order for items?

im a total noob with her D:

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-19-2011

if you wanna try somethig new, try jungling!

very awesome to counter jungle and totally shut down the enemy's warwick/fiddle/olaf

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...-jungler.xhtml

Penguinbashr

02-19-2011

sweet i tried that build out last game, we lost but it was a pretty fun build

second game: i really hate it. i'm way to squishy and i cant level fast enough

biomorph

02-20-2011

Evelynn is a slow starter she always has been, but saying that she is "too" squishy is nonsense. It has been far worse but at patch 1.0.0.107 iirc she got a small buff to her health.
If you die too much then it is because you run into bad situations or even initiate (small) group fights that is a nono. Perhaps THE thing to know when playing Evelynn is where or when to strike regardless of build you use, you are a stealth assassin and you should learn how to use that to your advantage. You NEVER EVER initiate group fights, you can initiate ganks but never group fights. If you team is just waiting for you to initiate every time then you are bound to fail.
Early game ganks should not attempted solo unless target is very low on health. The best way to gank early is to go two on one double stun or stun/snare combo. But what you really want is a Sheen asap the faster you get this item the better off you are.

In would recommend that you build:

If AP:
- Amp Tome + HP pot
- Sheen
- Mobility Boots
- Mejai's
- Lich Bane (from Sheen)
- Giants Belt
- Rylai's (from Giants Belt)
- Deathcap
- GA or BV

If AD/Hybrid:
- Madreds Razor/Lantern (if jungling)
- Sheen
- Mobility Boots
- Phage
- Tri-Force (from Sheen and Phage)
- Brutalizer
- Ghostblade (from Brutalizer)
- GA or BV
- Gunblade
- Stuff ...

If pure AD:
- Whatever ...

First understand that you are squishy but not too squishy and second if you can't level fast enough then practice at doing that for starters. If you are unable to do that then you should play another champion instead. Evelynn is hard to master.

Penguinbashr

02-20-2011

most of the deaths i get in early/mid game is when my team goes in for the gank, then back out as soon as i pop out of stealth.

the last game i had i had died 7 times because of this before i got a kill because they would just watch me die even if it would have been a 3v2 or 4v2 (for us). we still ended up winning as i was able to go around the map one shotting them late game and got 5 kills from low hp.

i also suck at jungling hardcore so i'll probably avoid that

biomorph

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguinbasher View Post
most of the deaths i get in early/mid game is when my team goes in for the gank, then back out as soon as i pop out of stealth.
Before I will agree to your tendency to blame the team I would suspect this to be the case that either #1: You got in too late or #2: It was deemed too risky to commit 100%.
You really gotta know when, where and who to strike at and whether you are able to secure kill or not. what you tell me sounds like you are uncertain of all those aspects and to that all I can say: practice more. You gotta be able to read the game and have some idea of possible outcomes. If you understand the situation and 90% certain that this will result in a kill then go for it and most likely you will succeed. If you do not understand the situation and 90% certain it just doesn't count because anything can happen. Understanding the situation is paramount (and this does not only apply to Evelynn) since as Evelynn you have all ready have pointed out that you are a global aggro machine.
Ever so many times I've seen people go for a kill and get raped without actually doing anything to anyone and then go wtf?! like they just discovered that the easter bunny exists after all. Whereas anyone could have told them something like that their Jungler is missing and Ashe has her ECA on off cool down and you decided to tower dive them anyways. Like fkn duh! What did you think they would do?
Now that sounds a bit dramatic but it does happen ever so many times. The reason is simple: If they understood the situation they would never have tower dived.
So get better at reading the game and I promise you that the it will become the best asset for you. Naturally such things do not come just after one or two games, it takes practice.
If you play a champion like Garen it does not matter in the same way because your job is just to get in peoples faces spin and then kill steal with ultimate, no one wants to focus you, so you are pretty much off the hook and not so sensitive to lack of brain capacity.

Penguinbashr

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by biomorph View Post
Before I will agree to your tendency to blame the team I would suspect this to be the case that either #1: You got in too late or #2: It was deemed too risky to commit 100%.
You really gotta know when, where and who to strike at and whether you are able to secure kill or not. what you tell me sounds like you are uncertain of all those aspects and to that all I can say: practice more. You gotta be able to read the game and have some idea of possible outcomes. If you understand the situation and 90% certain that this will result in a kill then go for it and most likely you will succeed. If you do not understand the situation and 90% certain it just doesn't count because anything can happen. Understanding the situation is paramount (and this does not only apply to Evelynn) since as Evelynn you have all ready have pointed out that you are a global aggro machine.
Ever so many times I've seen people go for a kill and get raped without actually doing anything to anyone and then go wtf?! like they just discovered that the easter bunny exists after all. Whereas anyone could have told them something like that their Jungler is missing and Ashe has her ECA on off cool down and you decided to tower dive them anyways. Like fkn duh! What did you think they would do?
Now that sounds a bit dramatic but it does happen ever so many times. The reason is simple: If they understood the situation they would never have tower dived.
So get better at reading the game and I promise you that the it will become the best asset for you. Naturally such things do not come just after one or two games, it takes practice.
If you play a champion like Garen it does not matter in the same way because your job is just to get in peoples faces spin and then kill steal with ultimate, no one wants to focus you, so you are pretty much off the hook and not so sensitive to lack of brain capacity.
naw its usually me and my friends screaming over skype "gogogogo" then they back out to let me die for the lulz.

but yea i know what you're saying and with other characters im great at reading the play. im trying out jungling again to see how it goes