Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Good build for Gangplank?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Audiisbad

02-19-2011

Whats a good build for gangplank, i usually go with critical strike stuff like avarice blade, executioners blade and etc.
and suggestions plz?

Audiisbad

02-19-2011

bumpppppp

1ronLung

Recruiter

02-19-2011

heres a very popular guide on leaguecraft for gangplank

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/guide/7935-how-to-not-suck-with-gangplank.xhtml

it has pretty good strategy and builds.

normally executioners calling shouldnt really be bought unless you're having a really tough time against healers. there are a bunch of good crit items to try. i like the ghostblade a lot on him with his naturally strong movespeed

Seelyon

02-19-2011

This is the gangplank guide (http://www.squidoo.com/league-of-legends-gangplank-guide) i run with great success

Larson McMurphy

02-19-2011

Look for ricklessabandon's guide. I don't know where it is. I use a different build than his (I really like rushing trinity force), but his guide is great though.

Just a few tips though:
-Don't rush IE unless you have crit runes, otherwise its not cost effective. Make sure you have 20 or 30% crit before buying IE.
-Youmuu's is a great item for GP and should be in most builds.
-If you want extra movement speed, don't get phantom dancer, get trinity force instead.
-Ionian boots are your friend
-building a bunch of crit chance won't make you effective without armor penetration and damage

Revive Is OP

02-19-2011

Good build: towerhug
Never chase

You'll do fine with any troll-build as long as you do that.

Geit

02-20-2011

I play gangplank for a long time now, never wrote a build for him thought.
The build i pick for gangplank:

Runes:
Red - Armor pen
Quint - Armor pen
yellow - crit chance (just to make it a bit more common to accidently hit with a crit)
Blue - Mana regen / 5 / level

mastery's about 21/0/9

First item is mana crystal with 2 health pots.
after 900 gold, return and buy sheen (+ health pot if needed).
then rushing trinity force,
- ghostblade (you'll do abnormal damage on squishy's atm)
- infinity edge or anything else

i pick teleport and flash for most of the time, just because i dont want to walk back to the lane when i can get sheen . flash i perfect for "a run away low" or get out of jail free card.