Why build crit on Tryndamere?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoransTroll

02-19-2011

With the new crit change, I don't see a reason to build him with heavy crits anymore. Once you get above 50%, the game will ensure that you crit every 2nd hit, etc. It's consistent enough that you should be able to focus on other stats.
Since he can get crit chance from being low HP, you are pretty much guaranteed a relatively high crit rate even with very modest critical strike score on his items. So why not build some other stats instead?

GeneralStan

02-19-2011

Critting more causes him to crit harder, increasing his damage output while also healing him. Is this a serious question?

ldfhndfjkndh

02-19-2011

1. No one actually builds "heavy crit" on Tryndamere.Most of your crit chance comes from you being low health with ult on. Getting 100% crit with items is a waste.
2. All your Tryndamere core crit items scale well with AS and AD. Infinity Edge gives you a ton of attack, Phantom Dancer and Youmuu's gives you a ton of attack speed and moveoment speed. And you get a total of 65% crit, 2.0+ attack speed, and a crapton of attack damage with just those items.

I mean, you can stack Bloodthirsters if you want, but Master Yi and Olaf do it better. And if you want to go for an attack speed build, you might as well use Kogmaw.

Crits are Tryn's realm, don't try to build him any other way.

DoransTroll

02-19-2011

Yes, it is a very serious question.
The new crit system will make it so your crit becomes very consistent (x% chance will cause you to almost always crit for y hits per z attacks), meaning it is very controllable.
In risk management term, this means that you don't need absurdly high crit chance in order to negate a string of bad luck (30% crit chance in old and new system feels completely different).

Due to this consistency, would it not be better to start grabbing life steal/hp earlier to extend your life and fight at 50% hp (if you have say 3000HP instead of 2000HP, you're still fighting at 1500HP, except you benefit more from your passive).
The problem is more so about what stat to get, and when?

Reiyson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Tryn heals through bloodlust and bloodlust stacks through crits. No crits = no heal+ no attack dmg. I understand the lifesteal but tryn is fine without it heavily. He is built for crit. Crit machine. I cant see it any other way.

Braj Mahal

02-19-2011

hard to take this post seriously considering the stupidity of the question along with the fact that the word troll is literally in your name.

VoiceofTreason

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominationstatio View Post
hard to take this post seriously considering the stupidity of the question along with the fact that the word troll is literally in your name.
lol

VespaVictim

02-19-2011

Christ, you guys are being intentionally thick.

He obviously realizes that critical strikes are important, as he uses the words "Heavy crit" or "Once you get above 50%", as well as realizes the critical chance gained from being low health.

His question is what time is it best to actually grab more survivability on Trynd, more or less.

Sure...Trynd operates at dangerous levels of health, but having more defensive stats after a solid amount of Crit Chance allows him to live longer at lower health, which would arguably be better than simply stacking crit because "Tryndamere loves Crit Chance"

Pardon my french, but no ****.

Perhaps you could go the tanky DPS route, and experiment around with Atma's Impaler and various other sources of Crit Chance to reach a legitimate amount?

DoransTroll

02-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by VespaVictim View Post
Christ, you guys are being intentionally thick.

He obviously realizes that critical strikes are important, as he uses the words "Heavy crit" or "Once you get above 50%", as well as realizes the critical chance gained from being low health.

His question is what time is it best to actually grab more survivability on Trynd, more or less.

Sure...Trynd operates at dangerous levels of health, but having more defensive stats after a solid amount of Crit Chance allows him to live longer at lower health, which would arguably be better than simply stacking crit because "Tryndamere loves Crit Chance"

Pardon my french, but no ****.

Perhaps you could go the tanky DPS route, and experiment around with Atma's Impaler and various other sources of Crit Chance to reach a legitimate amount?
That about sums it up.
So I guess no one has experimented around with this kind of thing yet, so there's no magic number floating around. I used to do it back in the days, but that's back when crit wasn't nearly as reliable as it is now. I guess I'll just have to try around for a while to get a feel for when the number is right.

opsmeltdown

02-20-2011

My build for 100% crit chance Tryndamere
1 Brawers Gloves
2 Arcane Sword [3 of them 1 before boots 2 after boots] or whatever its called
3 Greaves
4 Infinity Edge
5 Phatom Dancer [2 o them]
6 Atma's Impaler [sell 1 arcave sword to get this]