My analysis on Old IP v New IP -systems

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HodoImmortal

02-19-2011

Ok, so by now we have seen the graph. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=523450
First off the complaint about getting less for winning faster makes sense because-
I recall a phrase found on the End game chat, About the bonus IP for playing it was something like "A quick and Hasty Victory" But now we get LESS IP
for being "Quick and Hasty". My analysis- Pure Nonsense

Second The gain in IP for long games.
No complaint here- if we play for a long time, we want MORE IP- BUT if that involves nerfing our Quick Good games- then no. My analysis- Its a good concept but i have had MANY MANY MANY MANY MANY games were i have been in it for less than 30 minutes due to-Leavers/feeders/surrender/Jesse Perring(oh no)

Third Make you community happy if you want to us to keep playing make it worth our while
I think a FAN-F*****G-TASTIC idea would be to halve to systems. Take the first 50% gain from the Old System and merge it to have the last 50% be the new system-Result More IP gain that would render new players the ability to get champions quicker and keep them from Steering away from smurfs because "I GOT KILLED BY SOMEBODY WITH A BETTER CHAMPION THEY BOUGHT WITH RP WITH PREVIOUS SKILL- MY FRIENDS WERE RIGHT THIS WILL BE HELL" to "I GOT KILLED BY SOMEBODY WITH A BETTER CHAMPION THEY BOUGHT WITH RP WITH PREVIOUS SKILL---I'm guna grind some game even if it is hell, get some IP buy a Very Good Champion and Learn to hard-counter them!". Face it, as a new player we were all most likely doing "IM GUNA BUY EVERY F*****G CHAMPION I CAN- I WANT THEM ALLLLLLL!" by the time you are level 30 buying runes, champions, Pages Take weeks/months/years(?) to get enough IP and eventualy A majority of us have spent RP on this game be it $5 or $45, i myself have spent A hundred or two on this game- Why? - because i love this game. So if you keep making your community mad riot you will lose players. I've seen posts about Boycotts- do you really want this riot? Do you really want your community to boycott your services and you lose you main(?) source of income? NO. So my analysis is if you want your community to stop complaining about the thing you do- Fix it in a way that you keep your ways but make-due for the community so we can be happy.

TL;DR: You can take a horse to water, but you cant make it drink

HodoImmortal

02-19-2011

bump

i has no name

02-19-2011

he has valid point