Ranged Carries are just as team dependant as supports or tanks.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ennbeard

02-19-2011

The only ones not overly team dependant are bruisers and tanky DPS.

As a ranged carry, even with Banshees ir, say, a sunfire for Survivability, you still RELY on your tank and offtank to keep their threats off you. If your tank can't keep that Xin Zhao off of you, you literally can't do anything unless you're fed enoguh to 1v1 a Xin Zhao or ignore him and continue.

As a tank or support, I know what I have to do. After initiation I had better **** well keep their melee's and tanks off of my carry and mage. And I can do that. Either that or I have to keep him haeled and buffed up so he can autoattack people to death.

I don't know why people keep suggesting to play ranged carries in solo queue. I find it much harder than tanking, however i have an affinity for tanking as it's all I ever do so I may be biased.

Epicaznlol12

02-19-2011

You're biased and wrong.

There are very few ranged carries that are team dependent, such as Corki.

However, you have a higher chance of winning in solo queue using people like Tristana and Ashe and such.

Azaer

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epicaznlol12 View Post
You're biased and wrong.

There are very few ranged carries that are team dependent, such as Corki.

However, you have a higher chance of winning in solo queue using people like Tristana and Ashe and such.
If everyone thought this than this game would have so many insta-lock ranged AD carries, good thing we don't.

owait

Crownface

02-19-2011

I'm not really sure what kind of a point you're trying to make here.

You're describing how the game is played. Do you really think that tanks and support need to be asked to protect the carry, to do their one and only job? The thing is in LoL, yeah, they often do, because they think they can carry with Zilean or Amumu or something, but that's not how it should be.