Bundle of rumble in the trundle jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dobry Den

02-19-2011

I'm doing some Trungle Jundling in the 1500s and I'd like some thoughts.

Longtime Olaf Jungler, here. Trundle's very fun and refreshing, but I could use some advice.

I find Trundle exceptional at sustained damage over time. His mobility, lifesteal, passive (although I don't actively notice it), and durability mean that he stays alive to repeatedly womp on everyone. I top the damage charts in most games, sometimes topped by only champions like Tryndamere.

RUNES:
red - 3 AD, 6 ArPen
yellow - armor (flat)
blue - Mana per 5 (per level)
quints - AD (flat)

-- I actually copied Stonewall008's runes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNy3lMonjU8
MP5 blues help take the edge off of mana conservation, but otherwise i could see CDR blues. I used MP5 on Olaf too when I first started, but naturally outgrew them once I get a better hang of conservation.

MASTERIES: 1/14/15

ITEMS: (here's my usual progression priority)
1. Cloth Armor + 5 pots
2. Madred's Razor
3. Boots
4. Razer --> Wriggle's Lantern
5. Boots --> Mercury Treads
6. Sheen, Null cloak
7. Simulatenously work towards Trinity Force (start with Sheen) and a situational defense item.
8. Depending on game, get a Madred's Bloodrazor or another Defense item.

-- Sheen is necessary on Trundle, naturally lending to Trinity Force which is an ultimate Trundle item. Movement speed + Phage slow + Sheen is the holy grail of Trundle Rumble.

This isn't a guide, just me thinking aloud. Was hoping for any thoughts.

Stonewall008

Goodnight PanPan

02-19-2011

while stonewall's here, when should i be going vamp scepter and when should i got tshirt 5 sodas as trundle?

Chooby

02-19-2011

the thing about trundle is he cant carry games, you'll always need a good team.

Dannewitz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

You want the vamp sceptor for sustained jungling. If the other team is unlikely to present you with any ganking opportunities, then sustained jungling is better because you will keep up in levels. A good example is a team with all flash's and annoying ganks like vlad or tristana. The cloth armour usually means you will start at golem and attempt the classic level 4 gank after you've cleared your jungle.

Also, instead of negatron cloak I will usually go right for the phage. The health gives me enough survival in most games, and the slow is beast. In a game that drags on my final inventory usually looks like Wriggle's Trinity force merc treads, frozen mallet banshees GA/Atmas. This will make you a tanky pain train. Although I do sacrifice damage, I become a bruiser and the frozen mallet is great util.

Edit: I guess everything I said is pretty much covered in Stonewall's post.

SlyGoat

02-19-2011

I strongly believe that if you're going the Sheen route, you should invest in a Brutalizer to eventually upgrade into Ghostblade. Either ghostblade/trinity or mallet/atmas is a good core for trundle depending on how beefy you want to be IMO.

TUC Toilet Humor

02-19-2011

Playing solo q I went from 800-1250 using him with Teleport. I usually go more sustained jungling because lanes push out so rather than being frustrated I keep on jungling until I have my ult. I almost always start Vamp unless I know we have some coordination pre game. I also rush Wriggles over even boots one typically because I want that early dragon for the team. Is that wrong?
I know I'm going to have to modify my play as I rise up in Elo but I've really been playing him as a disruptor/tower rapist. In team fights I use his skills and womp on whoever's lowest on health/targets of opportunity and when not in team fights I'll trade my life for a turret sometimes. Teleport into a pushed lane, contaminate and pound away. I play him like he's crazy as hell and flit in and out of the fight, run all over the map and try to open up opportunities. We'll see how long that's helpful.

Dobry Den

02-19-2011

Thanks, guys. I'll start experimenting with the great feedback you've dealt me.

Trungle on, fellow Jundlers.