So i had been trying to figure out why everyone hated the IP system

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Verbindoober

02-19-2011

I mean, I had won a few games and with my ip boost i was getting about 200 ip, even in a game that lasted 20 minutes. I was like hey this isn't so bad, what is the issue?

Then i lost a match.
47 IP on 28 minutes.
I saw in another thread a guy lost a game that was an hour long and got 70 or 80 ip.
so why not just surrender at 20 minutes every single time because prolonging the game doesn't award enough IP O.o

Liquidone

02-19-2011

Spell Vamp Vlad... and here I was hoping that his nerfs would chase away all the idiots who were playing him because he was considered "OP."

Whist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Because you could win?

Seriously why is it that majority of the forum goers only play the game for ip?

LegendReborn

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whist View Post
Because you could win?

Seriously why is it that majority of the forum goers only play the game for ip?
We don't only play for IP but the fact is that I liked the difference in win vs. lose IP before because it was an extra little intensive for me to win. Additionally I always felt more inclined to play more when I saw +120 after a quick win rather than +40. Sure now my IP gain is "normalized" but what was wrong with fluctuation?

It's obvious a major point in the IP change was to make IP farming much less desirable but if they wanted to do that all they had to do was buff the IP gain in normal games not keep them the same.

Azalam

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendReborn View Post
We don't only play for IP but the fact is that I liked the difference in win vs. lose IP before because it was an extra little intensive for me to win. Additionally I always felt more inclined to play more when I saw +120 after a quick win rather than +40. Sure now my IP gain is "normalized" but what was wrong with fluctuation?

It's obvious a major point in the IP change was to make IP farming much less desirable but if they wanted to do that all they had to do was buff the IP gain in normal games not keep them the same.
IP farming less desireable?

So they create a "free" game where you need these points to purchase 70+ champions, a majority of which cost 3000 to 6000 points and then full rune pages which can cost anywhere from 5 to 10 thousand points and then reduce the overall amount of points a normal player can achieve.

Give me a break. Their only goal is to convince you to buy riot points. This IP change makes no sense to me whatsoever. If Riot is going to continue pumping out high priced champions why for the love of god are they making it harder for average players to use those champions?

VC26

Senior Recruiter

02-19-2011

The problem arises when you can get 72 IP for a 30 minute custom game.. you get more for winning a custom game now.. then for losing a normal game