Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Has anyone ever tried karth with a manamune?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archmage Ilmryn

02-19-2011

Karthus usual build is 4 archangles, sorc shoes and rabadons. Has anyone ever tried to get a manamune late game for some extra output? Did it work well?

Since karth can spam, this might not be the best option, but I'm curious to whether it works.

Also, does the unique passive of archangles stack with the unique passive on manamune?

Forty Bass

Recruiter

02-19-2011

tear, aa, and manamune all share the same bonus 1000 mana pool. i think it would be **** on him. because as him you should pretty much never auto attack. and on towers you will do .4 ap ration damage to it.

CooLTanG

Recruiter

02-19-2011

lichbane better

Xagonix

02-19-2011

Karth is all about using his Lay Waste (Q) and other abilities.
As said above, AP ratios scale with the damage you do to towers so Manamune is not a good item for Karthus.

CroakerX

Recruiter

02-19-2011

Quote:
Archmage Ilmryn:
Karthus usual build is 4 archangles, sorc shoes and rabadons. Has anyone ever tried to get a manamune late game for some extra output? Did it work well?

Since karth can spam, this might not be the best option, but I'm curious to whether it works.

Also, does the unique passive of archangles stack with the unique passive on manamune?

You know what would be better?
Another Archangels.

ldfhndfjkndh

02-19-2011

1. You don't need attack for Karthus. Want to take out towers? You're better off clearing creep waves faster with more AP and letting your DPS champs get to the tower quicker. Want to deal more damage physically? More AP makes up for any amount of physical damage you can put out. Plus, Lich Bane is better in this rea.
2. Archangel stacking is NOT the typical build for Karthus. Noob Karthus's do that. In case you didn't know, most of Karthus's damage should come from his AoE. This is more effective than sniping with Lay Waste will ever be. Plus, late game, a Soraka could rush you and take you out. No health items? What are we, level 10? Also, no magic pen=fail. Get a Voidstaff.

Cenerae

02-19-2011

You spend all your time spamming Q, you don't have much time to autoattack. If you really wanted to boost your autoattack you ought to buy a lichbane instead.

poundcake

Recruiter

02-19-2011

Quote:
Archmage Ilmryn:

The only time I could see doing a manamune/archangel combo would be a hybrid lover like Kayle, and even then I do not know if I would do it. Hybrid builds benefit so much more from guinsoo's. Having said that, you could always try it and get trolled by your team, just please don't do it if I am on said team.

Sarvanaasha

02-19-2011

Manamune + Archangel + Frozen heart + Blitzcrank = Decent smacks, decent forcechoke and force lightning, and OMGIMMABOUTTODIE /GTFO

Nihles

02-20-2011

If you have that much ap, you're going to get a much better boost to physicaldamage from lay waste spam and threading auto attacks..