Corki advice

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BeGentlePlz

01-28-2010

Just curious as to how you guys build your Corki...

I am normally going trin force > zerk boots > infity edge/black cleaver and from then I just build a banshees veil or whatever I need extra...

And how do you guys start of battles against someone? I normally phosphorous bomb > missiles > as they are running or if they stand there I jump over them with Valkyrie and just try to finish off with my missiles. Anything I should be doing differently?

rubyass

01-28-2010

Doran's blade (might start using ring instead as the lifesteal is almost no regen and I'd rather some more mana regen) -> boots of speed -> zerkers -> BF sword (at this point gattling is fairly meaty damage to go ganking with.) -> black cleaver -> zeal -> whatever is needed, maybe banshees veil if nothing specific to the game then infinity edge or a lifesteal item.

As for battles gattling gun is the main nuke, then spam rockets and phosphorus and try and keep valkyrie to run away if needed, and for chasing if the odds are in your favor. I try not to use it during a fight for damage as it's amazing for running/chasing.

Darkening

Iknosis

01-29-2010

Biggest advice it to hang back from team battles, and once it's been initiated go in, bomb it, then go hang back again spamming missle when they're all a low health. Corki's great at catching the runners.

OR, if you're feeling rather risky you could Valkyrie past the entire team, bomb everyone, then hang back and missle everyone.

XrBob

01-29-2010

Phreak recommended a build that's been working well for me.

hp crystal>catalyst
boots
infinity edge

from there just do what you need to, upgrade catalyst to banshees at some point. I like to build a phage and a frozen mallet, maybe even some mana regen.

I've been thinking about rushing black cleaver instead of infinity edge, it's only 5 less damage and less expensive, plus the armor penetration stacks with the gattling gun. I find that having high attack damage is really just for building his gattling gun, auto attacking isn't your main source of damage with corki.

rubyass

01-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by XrBob View Post
Phreak recommended a build that's been working well for me.

hp crystal>catalyst
boots
infinity edge

from there just do what you need to, upgrade catalyst to banshees at some point. I like to build a phage and a frozen mallet, maybe even some mana regen.

I've been thinking about rushing black cleaver instead of infinity edge, it's only 5 less damage and less expensive, plus the armor penetration stacks with the gattling gun. I find that having high attack damage is really just for building his gattling gun, auto attacking isn't your main source of damage with corki.
That's why I go for cleaver first, nothing of corkis spells especially lend themselves to crit wheras his passive and GG both scale with attack damage, so i'd rather spend the gold I saved choosing BC over IE on more attack damage items.

BeGentlePlz

01-29-2010

Thanks for the answers

Gah, I always forget to turn gatling gun when I go in for a gank. I can't imagine how much easier it would be with it....but it's just that people go down so fast without it..lol

I will try getting BC first instead of building a tri force and see how that works...

Oh and I've tried valkyrie over teams....didn't work out too well <.< I mostly hang back and spam my attacks now.

rubyass

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeGentlePlz View Post
Thanks for the answers

Gah, I always forget to turn gatling gun when I go in for a gank. I can't imagine how much easier it would be with it....but it's just that people go down so fast without it..lol

I will try getting BC first instead of building a tri force and see how that works...

Oh and I've tried valkyrie over teams....didn't work out too well <.< I mostly hang back and spam my attacks now.
Heh I find the opposite with GG, they don't go down fast without it :P

h3w0

01-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeGentlePlz View Post

As atk corki, valk does 0 damage and is mostly there for chase/escape. Using valk over enemies for dps will usually be a death sentence. Corki can't hang in the fray long, but he can do some damage when hes in there. As said earlier catalyst is good with any build as well. The extra hp/mana is really helpful for corki and he shouldn't have too much trouble farming one quickly.