Omfg udyr ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BiggerFish

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challon View Post
Downvote me never said he was op just strong and i mean i just carried a 4v5 maybe this is the dude who will take me out of elo hell i hope so. And can some1 recommend a tank build then i usually build FoN after pd then bloodthirster but if that isnt enough what should i build ?
Phantom dancer is bad. especially as a rushed item.

for a tank build against AP
Wriggles
Mercs
Aegis
Veil
SV
(Try abyssal if you have a big ap team yourself here, its lulzy)

For a tank build against AD
Wriggles
Mercs/Tabi
Omen
Sunfire
Atma's
Veil

If they are really mean auto attackers and not just phz based damage, Thormail/Frozenheart work wonders making people back off

AgitatedOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

I will admit that I love Udyr for being a strong champion... however, Udyr is NOT OP for the simple fact that he is probably the most melee hero in the entire game and he is either really strong or really tough, hard to be both.

-Udyr has no method to 'flash' a target, which means that he can only use a speed boost to run faster towards/away enemies, which while effective doesn't help when an enemy uses flash or happens to be faster *near impossible, but it can happen*.
-Udyr has 2 damaging spells, both of which scale off different sources... with one of them having a horrible ratio.
-Udyr is very easy to kite, a decent ranged player can keep Udyr at bay, and a person with slows could very easily stop an Udyr player in their tracks.
-Udyr has a HORRIBLE early game, which while easy to deal with by jungling, is still hell on your mana cost if you don't have blue until mid game or so.
-As much as Udyr can deal damage with AD, he is a very easy target and as such is very easy to be bursted down, hence why most Udyr players build him tanky.
-Even building him tanky, the only true tank stuff you can do is be a stun man and get infront of everyone, you have no taunt or significant initiation like Malphite or Amumu, just your stun and your body.

Udyr might be near invincible when played right, but he is not OP... especially since his love is gone now to make up for said mana cost.

-R.I.P. Locket

Edit: Oh yea... my items depend on the enemy, but they are usually Mercs/Randuin/Banshee and then see from there, I personally like to get Trinity for the extra boost, but I prefer to be super tanky myself so if you want to kill people then I have no advice.

BiggerFish

02-19-2011

I miss locket so much

Challon

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggerFish View Post
Phantom dancer is bad. especially as a rushed item.

for a tank build against AP
Wriggles
Mercs
Aegis
Veil
SV
(Try abyssal if you have a big ap team yourself here, its lulzy)

For a tank build against AD
Wriggles
Mercs/Tabi
Omen
Sunfire
Atma's
Veil

If they are really mean auto attackers and not just phz based damage, Thormail/Frozenheart work wonders making people back off
if its a balanced team wriggles merfc aegis veil omen and if i go dps route till i get out of elo hell what should i get instead of pd because pd really boosts udyr dmg as far as i have seen ?

Stonewall008

02-19-2011

Udyr's Core Items

- boots

That's about it - everything else is luxury on him. If there is anything that can be considered overpowered about Udyr is that he's literally hands down the most versatile (in builds) in the game.

Challon

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
Udyr's Core Items

- boots

That's about it - everything else is luxury on him. If there is anything that can be considered overpowered about Udyr is that he's literally hands down the most versatile (in builds) in the game.
Y agree but luxury items are needed later so im still wondering instead of pd what should i really get?

BiggerFish

02-19-2011

Quote:
if its a balanced team wriggles merfc aegis veil omen and if i go dps route till i get out of elo hell what should i get instead of pd because pd really boosts udyr dmg as far as i have seen ?
PD justs boosts attack speed for udyr mostly, since turtle can't crit mostly people don't worry about that

to really put the boot to pubs go Tiger.

Wriggles->Boots->Triforce->Black Cleaver->Sunfire/veil depending on whats smacking you
Then maybe either a Blood thirster or ghostblade

Even when you are DPS or even against all AP you still want some armor/health to take tower shots with since you are such a baws at diving.

Really the point is to build to counter whatever will screw the other team up the most.

Stonewall008

02-19-2011

Quote:
Y agree but luxury items are needed later so im still wondering instead of pd what should i really get?
Udyr is not a jungler for fresh players. In order to play Udyr at his best you have to be really good at counter picking and counter building.

Udyr is far better in draft than he is in blind pick. I have 3 rune pages set up exclusively for Udyr for that reason alone.

Most of his builds take advantage of Banshee's Veil - that's as close as you can get to a core item on him as well as Mercury Treads since Udyr can be kited and CCed to hell and back.

If anything - ask what you want to get out of him and we may be able to provide a cookie cutter all purpose build.

BiggerFish

02-19-2011

I have 2 set up and am building a third... IP boost gonna pay for my MS quints XD

Challon

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonewall008 View Post
Udyr is not a jungler for fresh players. In order to play Udyr at his best you have to be really good at counter picking and counter building.

Udyr is far better in draft than he is in blind pick. I have 3 rune pages set up exclusively for Udyr for that reason alone.

Most of his builds take advantage of Banshee's Veil - that's as close as you can get to a core item on him as well as Mercury Treads since Udyr can be kited and CCed to hell and back.

If anything - ask what you want to get out of him and we may be able to provide a cookie cutter all purpose build.
Alot of dmg and ganking ability but still some survival right now i do alot of dmg and die way to easy.