[Guide] Some musings on the role of FRD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paShadoWn

02-19-2011

FRD stands for "free-roaming defender", a homage to AIWar, intricate although unpleasantly enchanted game. As i have found, this role is one of the most critical in average Rift games and thus taking it upon oneself and excelling shall lead to victory more often than not, sometimes in spite of multiple allied failures. FRD champions are chosen first and foremost for their high mobility: some sort of a built-in haste and/or wallhaxx are necessary although not defining because second part of mobility is more important: creeping speed. And yes, full name of this doctrine is "Dodge and Mobility". Clean-up, TD, forest raiding and patrols, dragonhuntin, delayin, feintin, backdoorin, flankin and ambushin - all those are handled well by FRD. Obviously (for me) the champions most suitable for this important role are Kennen, Heimerdinger, Warwick, Tryndamere, Shen (who is 'always' played as frontline fighter. Alwayss!!! Great. Another manicure.)

Larson McMurphy

02-19-2011

Singed can do this too. Although he can't solo dragon, he can do all those other things.

USS BUTTPEE

02-19-2011

We call this jungling

CroakerX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Well
Jungle Udyr
Jungle Shaco
Look like the 2 best options to me