Ezreal... why?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xMedicus

02-19-2011

I haven't seen much Ezreals, but he is considered high tier still? Why?

Please don't bash on me, but this is what I think of Ezreal:

Weak and squishy. No CC of his own. His Ult is the only thing IMO that anyone needs to worry about. Why is it that people say he's the best 6300 IP to spend on?

Deinbeck

02-19-2011

...I think you were reading a zombie thread....

liquidstardust

02-19-2011

i dont know but he is still very good ranged dps

maybe not the best but can spam q in laning for harass.

Amaterasuomikami

02-19-2011

Hes still an EXCELLENT Range Carry.

paShadoWn

02-19-2011

Let us make the dangerous assumption and presume the thread is sincere. Brains? Still there... Apparently... (learning a new mind-thrashing technique is always fun)

You had answered your question yourself: "Weak... on his own."
Stupid Ez players go solowhere and either fail or get stuck, uselessly farming for half a game. Paired with someone like aspd Kennen at bot he harbours untold pwnage. People get zoned, chased into towerhugging and die even there. Their tower is melting and gankers get distress calls and fail, for Kennen and Ez are enjoying excellent escape skills. Also Ez is the one and only champion in game who, standing at shop and finding he lacks some hundred shinies, can instafarm them right away. "Playing Bob" is not for Ezrael, a humble jewish omnislayer.

Amaterasuomikami

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paShadoWn View Post
Let us make the dangerous assumption and presume the thread is sincere. Brains? Still there... Apparently... (learning a new mind-thrashing technique is always fun)

You had answered your question yourself: "Weak... on his own."
Stupid Ez players go solowhere and either fail or get stuck, uselessly farming for half a game. Paired with someone like aspd Kennen at bot he harbours untold pwnage. People get zoned, chased into towerhugging and die even there. Their tower is melting and gankers get distress calls and fail, for Kennen and Ez are enjoying excellent escape skills. Also Ez is the one and only champion in game who, standing at shop and finding he lacks some hundred shinies, can instafarm them right away. "Playing Bob" is not for Ezrael, a humble jewish omnislayer.
Aside from ASPD Kennen being a horrible build, this is generally right.

Furthermore, there is really NO carry that can simply just pwn a whole team without help. 95% of them require team backup, but with a good team behind him he can be CRAZY

OutlawStarx2

02-19-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMindStormerx View Post
I haven't seen much Ezreals, but he is considered high tier still? Why?

Please don't bash on me, but this is what I think of Ezreal:

Weak and squishy. No CC of his own. His Ult is the only thing IMO that anyone needs to worry about. Why is it that people say he's the best 6300 IP to spend on?
Tell that to my, 15/4/8 from last game, n00b

DJKittner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-19-2011

Most fun carry

Rookwood

02-19-2011

He's probably the most inconsistent carry out there.

Against a team with no CC and a weak tank or no tank at all he can dominate the match.

However, against an organized team with appropriate CC and intelligent tanks he can have a tough go of it.

Add this to the fact that most of his damage can be blocked by minions and his auto range is incredibly small and I don't think he's a carry you can depend on.

He does however make a very good pusher/pressure character with his team attack speed buff and poke ability. His ult is also very good in a variety of situations. Add this all together and he's actually a fairly useful champ to have on your team if the person knows what their doing.

Caitlyn and he are very similar, but I feel she is more consistent, if not as hard of a carry.

He is probably the best 1v1 range carry in the game also... so he has that going for him.

Minorin K

02-19-2011

You have to be good at Ezreal to really succeed fully, which is a challenge for most people. You really need to know what your enemy is thinking. There are few food ezreals, so that's why he could be seen as 'weak'. Believe me, he is a bloody excellent carry as long as you mastered him.