A bit of advice needed please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deathevn

01-28-2010

Hello, first I would like to establish that I am not a high ELO player, I wont claim to dominate games, I am not going to complain that the game is broken or that X character is hax, but what I am looking for is some advice in combating something I oddly came across twice in a row last night.

I found myself twice laneing against Shako and Eve. ( The first game I was mundo, the second one sivir respectfuly) I found myself in a situation where they were pretty much ignoreing my lane partner and picking me off first. I invested in a ward which gave me some breathing room, but it wasnt enough to remain competitive or have a chance at pushing the lane without exposeing myself to the point that they were coming to collect a yummie, yummie kill.

I managed to keep my deaths to a realtive minimum while in lane, but I did somewhat feel like I was letting the team down.

What I am looking for is advice that would allow me to at least remain agressive in a lane, or perhaps a character I could partner up with that would help me remain competive in a lane and feel like a bit more then dead weight having to hug a tower to survive!

Thanks

Jothki

01-28-2010

Alistar would probably be a pretty good partner in those cases, what with his heal and stuns. Eve and Shaco both need to get close to do anything, so if you stay near him, you can benefit from his heals making it less likely for your health to get too low, and if you're approached, Alistar can disable them for you.

aRcKuS

01-28-2010

As far as a lane partner, someone like Crank or Ali are always good against an invis, they can disrupt "their dance" basically, no more coming out of invis for an attack and sneaking away unscathed. Basically even if you feel as if your not playing aggresivly, fall back to your tower and let them think they have the upper hand, they will get cocky and try and get you, which is exactly what you should be waiting for. Wards are always a smart early game investment (especially if you get driven back to your well because of being harassed). Basically, if you can avoid dying to them early game, you wont have as much trouble when the game shifts from lane farming to 5 ganks.

Deathevn

01-28-2010

Thanks for the advice. I will take some of it to heart and hopefully have some time to practice it in the future

Evilcookiemnstr

01-28-2010

i have a similar problem, i understand that in the upper elo brackets characters like shaco and eve are horrible characters and are never picked, especially eve i have found numerous times that she is by far the worst upper level game play character. My question is why is she so useless in upper level gameplay but she can just dominate us in the lower level elos? I understand get a banshees veil and shes useless but what if you can't afford to give up an item for a banshees veil?

Grovel

01-28-2010

Pretty new myself, but I tend to play it real safe if I'm laning with a stealther- as in, I'll rarely leave the proximity of the tower shots if I can't see my lane opponents. In my experience Shaco and Eve are two of the hardest hitting champs during the laning phase, and they can drop just about any hero from 100%-0 in a few seconds if you get caught in a stun/exhaust/ignite type combo.

My guess is Eve and Shaco are avoided by higher ELO teams thanks to good communication and group movement. Eve and Shaco take out stragglers but aren't near as effective in team fights where they can be neutralized. Twitch is the stealth exception thanks to his range and crazy AoE Ultimate.

Elad

01-28-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilcookiemnstr View Post
i have a similar problem, i understand that in the upper elo brackets characters like shaco and eve are horrible characters and are never picked, especially eve i have found numerous times that she is by far the worst upper level game play character. My question is why is she so useless in upper level gameplay but she can just dominate us in the lower level elos? I understand get a banshees veil and shes useless but what if you can't afford to give up an item for a banshees veil?
In order for Eve to really dominate a game, she has to dominate the early game. If she doesn't, then she is a subpar champion lategame as she doesn't bring much to a teamfight, gets focused early, and often is nullified by wards/oracles. In higher ELO games Eve doesn't get the chance to get fed as people are more conservative during laning phase, and when she does pop up there is usually a stun/disable waiting for her. I'd also say that a large part of it is due to more experienced players, better team comps, and better teamwork as you get higher in Elo. I'm not high Elo, but I haven't seen an Eve is at least 20 games, and haven't seen one do more than marginal in 75 to 100.