Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Blitzcrank Aura Stacking?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WWWilliam

02-19-2011

Well this is my first post on lol forums and not sure on rules but I made a "build" (a way i play one my fav champs.

Blitzcrank I build basically all aura items and its amazingly effective, Gives you tank powers, Ability to 1 hit KO most people (or do serious damage) 1v1 and a lot of support to allies from all the aura's

Aegis of the Legion,Sunfire Cape,Will of the Ancients,Abyssal Scepter,Frozen Heart,Stark's Fervor.

More detail on buildHere (http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/blitzcrank-the-nuking-aura-support-tank-58950).

Curious on your opinions if its a good idea to have all aura's? and if there is any other champion that you could stack auras and work as well as blitzcrank?

Kalshazzak

02-19-2011

No boots?

Ruby is in general a bad starting item. Try cloth + 5 hp pots.

Try out a Lich Bane instead of Trinity since you are buying other ap items. Also try replacing Sunfire with Soul Shroud.(ss is a much better aura item, and the 45 less armor won't be a big deal.)

Alistar/Janna are better aura bots imo.

WWWilliam

02-19-2011

I'm not really a boots man i would rather be strong when i get there then get there fast just my play style but if you want boots get them not really important. Maybe cloth 5hp pots is alright but I prefer ruby because gives health and no money is wasted.

45 armor less would make you less tanky and without sunfire less damage output and people wouldn't be as feared to go near you but Soul Shroud is a good idea to have somewhere.

Question though, You think alistar would still have ability to tank and not suffer from any of the items?

Kalshazzak

02-19-2011

alistars ability to tank is correct use/timing of his ult. He only needs a bit of defense to reduce AoE damage when the ult isn't up, and aegis is usually enough.

you get 200 armor on blitz with FH+aegis, that's plenty. No one fears sunfires now that you can't stack them. While Soul Shroud gives your team more DPS.

Boots are really important to position for grabs, to chase down opponents, and to get to where you need to go. It doesn't matter how strong you are if you needed to be there 5 seconds ago. Mobility wins games.

WWWilliam

02-20-2011

Alister sounds like its very much centered around timing of his ult which sounds like bit of hassle not that it's a that much of a bad thing but with Blitzcrank's ult's passive with will of the ancients the healing from that could almost be as good as damage reduction from alister and Blitz's Ult's passive damage is better then the damage from alisters ult and is on most of time for free. So Blitz's ult can pretty much do anything alisters can (except crowd control) and free and less cooldown on active.

But thing is you want as much armor and health as you can because you tend to get focused on and harassed to get you back to base so your support and grab isn't there.

But you do make good point I'll have to try soul shroud more often see how it goes.

Sunfire+Blitz's ult makes it more scary to go near specially when no minions around because even when you want to leave you can be pulled back in for anther couple seconds.