Hey Riot, do you ban/suspend for bad behavior in Custom Games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IntoTheOcean

02-18-2011

Hey Riot,

Love your game, posted a few times, but this is one thread I am really curious about.

I fell in love with ARAM (would love to see as a game type) and have been playing that a whole bunch. Most games are very casual and really fun, but ARAM is really easy to troll. Every now and then I run across a troll and people leave and a 25 (now 20!) minute surrender was had, but no big deal. It happens.

But, today there was an especially bad troll. Of course it starts at champ screen, where he says "GG. WE LOSE. FEEDING NOW". Then goes top, then feeds, then is generally no fun. He harasses the other team, and our team. We ask him politely at first to just stop, but of course, he didn't. The next 45 minutes were filled with raging, leavers, feeding, generally grossness.

But EVEN THEN, that isn't the point of this post. He said something that started me thinking. He said, "Riot doesn't care about custom games. I can't get banned."

So, Riot, do you care about your custom games? Will this low-life scum get his 30 account suspended or even banned?

Thanks, and keep up the good work Riot.

R66Y

02-18-2011

I believe people have been banned for trolling custom games before (wasn't the McLaren video from a custom?), but they seem to be more lenient for practice games. Some things (racial comments for example) are generally considered 0 tolerance and I would be surprised if they didn't suspent accounts reported. Either way, ou lose nothing by sending them a report.

support@riotgames.com would be who youd send it to.

John McCain

02-18-2011

aram is serious business

IntoTheOcean

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by R66Y View Post
I believe people have been banned for trolling custom games before (wasn't the McLaren video from a custom?), but they seem to be more lenient for practice games. Some things (racial comments for example) are generally considered 0 tolerance and I would be surprised if they didn't suspent accounts reported. Either way, ou lose nothing by sending them a report.

support@riotgames.com would be who youd send it to.

Thank you. I have just sent an email.

gallantgreg

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

He went top and feeds?
What? Did he die to purple caster minions?

Rainbow Slayer

02-18-2011

I don't see why they banned Maclaren
He made guides to improve the community and this is how they repay him?
Riot is full of ingrates