Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Are there any good Aus/NZ players?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TaylorSwiftIsHot

02-18-2011

The best one I know has merely 1350 ELO solo queue...
At least good Brazillians (read: 1600+ ELO) exist.

Brazil has more feeders though.
HUEHUEHUE.

TLDR Australia/NZ < Brazil at this game.

Hypopyon

02-18-2011

Meh. Can we blame it on our latency of 200?

TaylorSwiftIsHot

02-18-2011

No, because Brazillians play in that latency too.

HUEHUEHUE

Phreak Avenue

02-18-2011

**** U nz is good!. lol but yeah i have bad elo so do my mates so....

Phreak Avenue

02-18-2011

Also Tauranga is best city in NZ!

Devil May LOL

02-18-2011

Quote:
TaylorSwiftIsHot:
The best one I know has merely 1350 ELO solo queue...
At least good Brazillians (read: 1600+ ELO) exist.

Brazil has more feeders though.
HUEHUEHUE.

TLDR Australia/NZ < Brazil at this game.

well I'm 1428 and my friend polymorphism is currently at 1521 with top rating 1699.

It's pretty much because of our ping, whenever I do ranked at my elo i get matched against ppl with less than 100 constantly. Just to show how much advantage it gives.

ZeeRow

02-18-2011

I've been sitting in 1500 - 1600 for a while now (Australian, 186 ping from Brissy if you're interested)

When I see a lot of other people in this elo, sometimes I think I should be higher, other times I think I should be lower, fact to the matter is that RIOT's rating/matchmaking system fails on an epic scale.

If their rating system held any merit what so ever I'd see many more people at my own skill level, which just isn't the case, every single game I see people who are either far better then me or far worse then me.

TaylorSwiftIsHot

02-18-2011

Quote:
ZeeRow:
I've been sitting in 1500 - 1600 for a while now (Australian, 186 ping from Brissy if you're interested)

When I see a lot of other people in this elo, sometimes I think I should be higher, other times I think I should be lower, fact to the matter is that RIOT's rating/matchmaking system fails on an epic scale.

If their rating system held any merit what so ever I'd see many more people at my own skill level, which just isn't the case, every single game I see people who are either far better then me or far worse then me.

Good post.
Riot's MM system is downright awful.
Maybe it's because we don't have any sort of community? (and dont say LoLA that's a failed attempt)

Devil May LOL

02-18-2011

Quote:
ZeeRow:

because judging how good a player is based on one game is accurate.

good job bro.

Cyphix

02-18-2011

Quote:
ZeeRow:
fact to the matter is that RIOT's rating/matchmaking system fails on an epic scale.

Yep. QFT!.