Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Maokai - spell bugged?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Buried

02-18-2011

This is concerning his W ability (twisted advance).

As I was running past a bush with ghost on, Maokai used W on me - I flashed forward to avoid it - he continued to pursue me in the twisted advance/vlad pool state. He considering I flashed + had ghost on, I was able to move about a screen's distance from where he cast the spell, but his spell follow me (like an attack) until he contacted me.

Wondering: does this spell have a distance limit? Is it intended to work as a missile attack?

Sorry, no screen capture (idk how I could portray what happened with that) and I don't have a recording program, but should be easy to replicate in custom match.

Buried

02-18-2011

*bump*

Count Kaiser

02-18-2011

Chances are he was able to get off the advance as you flashed. This same sort of thing can happen with Yi's Alpha strike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjqAXfXKq54

toolmaker

02-18-2011

I've done this twice as Maokai now and I believe it is working as intended. His W is a targeted root where he himself becomes the projectile. It is not a charge like Xin's or Pantheon where there is no projectile. Since flash no longer pops projectiles Maokai's W is not canceled if the target flashes after it is cast. Its like trying to flash a Sion stun, you create more distance but you're still getting stunned.

Although I must admit the first time this happened to me I was quite surprised. I targeted a TF and he flashed over a wall taking me with him which quickly disoriented me. Second time I did it to and Ashe and I was expecting it so it worked out a lot better, I don't think she was too happy burning her flash and still dying.

EDIT: I've got the replay so I can upload it or post a vid if people really want to see it.

Rawblin

02-18-2011

Flash doesn't break missile pathing anymore, so working as intended.

Exact same reason you can't flash to escape a towers last hit that will kill you.

Muffînman

Recruiter

02-18-2011

flash doesnt pop spells anymore, so if he casted it before you flashed, it will continue to pursue you regardless of distance