Is soloing against Mord possible?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Enzo Gorlomi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Okay, looks like this might have been totally my mistake. I haven't encountered morde much, never 1v1 against him, so I didn't know how his passive worked.

I was exclusively using my double-up/make-it-rain against him (my usual routine against other ranged AD's), looks like that might not have been a good idea *facepalm*

Okabe1 048596

02-18-2011

heh... I was against a really cocky Mordekaiser in mid the last Ranked game I played... I was Ezreal... I killed him at like level 3, and then again right before he hit level 6... but for a lot of champions, I guess soloing Morde is tough... eh.

Siky

02-18-2011

Morde is all about blowing your skills on him when he doesn't have shield and just walking out of range when he's trying to aoe minions. Force him to choose either minions for shields or you by yourself.

Basically he's not that strong unless he AOEs you and a bunch of creeps, gets full shield and then you're basically fighting him in a lopsided fight where he temporarily has free HP to throw away.

Auto-attack shield when possible, spell spam/stun/etc when his shield is down. Even melee can do this with the right tools like Renekton.

Ryumi

02-18-2011

Nope, LZ06.
I honestly can't think of a single champion that would have issues against Morde if the Summoner knew how to fight Morde.
Knowledge is power, and that's Morde's greatest counter, imo. Conversely, if you're playing passively because you've never fought Morde before... it's not a fun learning experience >:

Kylescool

02-18-2011

I shut out a morde yesterday 1v1 with the new ryze.
Went 16-3-? that game.

Cenerae

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Gorlomi View Post
Okay, looks like this might have been totally my mistake. I haven't encountered morde much, never 1v1 against him, so I didn't know how his passive worked.

I was exclusively using my double-up/make-it-rain against him (my usual routine against other ranged AD's), looks like that might not have been a good idea *facepalm*
The best way to deal with him as MF is to autoattack him the second you see him in the lane, and aggressively zone him out. His spells don't hit hard until he levels up some, so he can't generate enough shield to block you from beating the snot out of him. Meanwhile you're levelling faster and earning more money than him and keep the pressure applied the whole way. He's only scary when he hits 6 (and only if you let him harrass you a lot).

You can use Double Up as he retreats out of autoattack range for the extra damage, and Impure Shots debuff will help stop him regenerating properly between waves.

Okabe1 048596

02-18-2011

Ryumi

I suppose that is very true. I have a friend who really rapes as Mordekaiser, and I used to do custom games with him all of the time... at first, it was terrifying...
"how can he deal 1400 damage at level 14 with NO AP ITEMS? that's BULL****!"

anyway, after those experiences... Mordekaisers are so easy to manipulate and pwn...

Pika Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

fiddles. congrats, morde cant even farm right without dieing

Devil Man Type X

02-18-2011

all depends on you're character and skill level

Ifridge

02-18-2011

Silences/disables are your best friend against morde, hit him right BEFORE he goes up to a minion wave, so that he doesnt have a chance to put up his shield, then unload your harassment.

Garen, kass, cho, sion etc are all really good at this.