So if my true ELO is 1200....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JRaccoon

02-18-2011

Just made a post about this yesterday. [here]

I wish this had a higher awareness rate.

MathMage

02-18-2011

Newbie island should prevent those games, but ultimately that just dilutes the problem, rather than resolving it.

By the by, 1200 is the top 25% of the LoL playerbase as a whole, but it's still the average Elo for Ranked, modulo negligible Elo inflation/deflation. Expecting the system to account for players who aren't actually in the system would be a little much.

Punchie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Dubstep is a disgrace to electronic music. You deserve to have a low ELO.

Zebulone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

They said they just fixed this o_O

Least

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampf0x View Post
Just hope and pray for teammates that listen and coordinate well, reach the 1400s, and you'll run into players that actually have somewhat of an idea of what is going on.
not true.

Ansre

02-18-2011

You got pubstomped by Pantheon.

Oh, and your Morde build sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punchie View Post
Dubstep is a disgrace to electronic music.
True, but most electronic music is a disgrace to electronic music. The amount of awful trance, techno, house, d&b, etc. out there is just amazing.

korkyshadow2

02-18-2011

omg people learn what statistics is and then take that class if u move the point people enter at the same effect will happen.... ya most people that start out ranked should be lower but after a day or two of ranked they will be but your true elo is 1200 maybe theirs isn't they just haven't reached it yet... L2 BELL CURVE IN STATS

Ansre

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by korkyshadow2 View Post
ya most people that start out ranked should be lower but after a day or two of ranked they will be but your true elo is 1200 maybe theirs isn't they just haven't reached it yet...
And as that last batch of newbies is sorted out, the next batch arrives.

Targeting the average or median Elo was always a bad idea, especially given Riot's persistent claims that the "carry effect" outweighs the "feeder effect," and that skilled players will consistently climb.

Grimsqueaker

Recruiter

02-18-2011

Send the screenshot to Zileas. Should've been fixed: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=526111

Vargrax

Recruiter

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallzonyourFACE View Post
Then why would I be forced to be matched with people just entering Ranked Play? Surely 1200 ELO isn't the 50/50 point in terms of skill of players. I believe I read somewhere that 1200 and greater represents the top 25% of LoL players. If this is true, then why should I be forced to play in the ELO band where 3/4 of my teammates are destined to pull me down?

Attachment relevant
the LONGER you QUEUE, the more the system loosens the ELO gap