Curious about some peoples logic

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not Asleep

02-18-2011

Why is it, that when someone makes a thread considering a champion to be OP (Mundo or Tryndamere are both good examples) people say, "just use ignite, or just use exhaust." This is a completely unacceptable way to counter a champion. What is the logic in saying that you should take 1 out of 2 summoner spell slots to counter 1 out of 5 champions? When I hear people say "oh it's Mundo/Tryndamere someone take ignite/exhaust"
it doesn't make sense to me that because a champion takes a large hit by a certain summoner spell, they can effectively have twice the summoner spells that you have because they can take 2 spells they choose while you can only take 1, not to mention they can counter their your summoner spell along with other things by buying QSS or taking cleanse. When people talk about Alistar and how he needs ghost and flash to be viable, that means that he is summoner spell dependent and needs a buff? How about it being the same concept if a champion is chose by the other team, that makes your team summoner spell dependent to win teamfights.

youjungleyoulose

02-18-2011

Its because u need to counter their op champ and they dont need to counter you

Rhynocerous

02-18-2011

10 summoner skills
5 enemy champions.

1 or 2 for 1 champion sounds good to me.

Toros

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhynocerous View Post
10 summoner skills
5 enemy champions.

1 or 2 for 1 champion sounds good to me.
Pretty much this, and the fact that mundo and trynd are only "OP" for people at low elo, and considered balanced/underpowered in SR.

This means it's more that less skilled players aren't countering them effectively, and less about them being OP.

Mundo's survivability comes from his ult. Ignite cuts his ult in half. If he's building straight tank, you can ignore him until the teamfight is over.

Trynd is a joke. He's generally not worth killing over a ranged carry, and when you do kill him, burst him to make him pop his ult, then CC him and ignite, and he's no longer a problem/dead.

Fleetfeet

02-18-2011

Often these types of problematic champions are snowbally (Sion, Vlad, Mundo), and taking something to shut them down early will have more of an impact than you'd initially be lead to believe.

For example, both Vlad and Mundo are extremely level dependent. The harder you can pressure them early game (before they reach that point where they feel immortal), the more you hurt the entire rest of their game. A level 7 vlad when your whole team is level 9 is a whole lot less scary than a level 10 vlad in the same scenario.

In mundo's case especially, ignite is a significant factor in keeping him down early.

Dieinpeace1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

its cause those two summoner spells are the easier way to counter them. They are not the only way. Also niether of those two champs are op sorry.

Zetsui

02-18-2011

its very very uncommon for NO ONE on your team to have ignite, its even less likely that no one had ignite AND none of ur champs have a passive mortal strike effect.

Its not even that you NEED those, its more if you can hit mundo with ignite hes about as tough as hello kitty

I˝giPuck

02-18-2011

low elo has nothing to do with it.

its mostly unorganized teams that complain about them since they are very hard to take down without proper organization.

example: even if you are a high skilled , high elo guy how would you explain to that derp veigar not to unload all his spells on the trynd who used endless rage.

Garion

02-18-2011

that is just one of the many counters

you see those threads and you would 100% find other legit counters

those are just the more easier counters to present

and since summoner spells are part of the game, it is only logical to include them in the arguments

Grunghole

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by I˝giPuck View Post
even if you are a high skilled , high elo guy how would you explain to that derp veigar not to unload all his spells on the trynd who used endless rage.
How would you get to any respectable Elo and still not know that?

So, yeah, it's about Elo and skill. It's entirely about that. I can't honestly tell you the last time I've had a problem with Mundo or Trynd in the last 100+ games. Seriously, it's not as much of a "take ignite or Mundo is overpowered" but "if you bring Ignite he's hosed, and if you don't he's still manageable if you're not ******ed."