Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Katarina (The Right Way part 2)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

rximmortal

01-28-2010

After playing a bit of my version of the build , with catalyst -> banshee veil. I found that you get the first BF sword slowly , and the speed of your character is not very good. THats why if someone use this build i suggest him to use the following build.
1 - Doran's shield , health potion (if you get much hp from runes and masteries , you can take boot and 3 potions of hp , but it is not prefered in high ranked games)
2 - You make SORCERY boots and you must get ruby crystal before you get your first BF. ( if it happened to die before you get 1500 , you can get normal boot and ruby crystal. REMMEMBER Before you collect catalyst , you buy 2-3 health potions each time you shop)
3 - BF sword
4 - If you fast collect for another BF , you take it . If it happeneds to die or to shop earlier you take catalyst.
5 - In this step you must have doran's shield , sorcerry boot , catalyst , 2BF.
6 - After that you can continue in severaly ways . I prefer to get 3rd BF, and after that make basnhee's vale. If they have too many disables you make banshee's vale before the 3rd BF.
7 - after you have those items you will have 2200-2300 hp , but it is late game and you need more , i suggest to take frozen mallet , you can chose and take warmogs armor , But i personally prefer mallet , because of his frost attack.
(Final Build , same as the old one , - Frozen mallet , boots of sorcery , banshee's vale , 2 bloodthirsters , infinity age.

Some tips about the game , and why this build is effective on that way .
In the incoming patch it was said that they will nerf katarina , Actually after some calculations , her death lotus will make 10 less dmg on 1 rank , 20 less dmg on 2 rank , and 30 less dmg on 3 rank (thats 16 level) , while following this build.Which is not so **** bad , But If they nerf her again ................
-Early game-
It will be best for you if you take solo mid . THe idea in this is that YOU need fast leveling ,
because as all knows death lotus on 1st level sux . Plus , when you are in middle you can easily go gang lanes , especially if you have sorcery boots.
If you suceed to get 3 frags untill level 11 , it will be realy realy good for you
( You can get more too , it demands of How newbish is the oponent
-Middle game-
You need 2 BF, and STARTING to gang the wood , you better not moving through the
corridors and take the paths through the wood.
-late game-
You are feded well , and you cant be in other way because even if you dont get the kill you earn at least 150 gold for each assist. which is half of a kill.
The problem is that IN really reallt late game , katarina start to sux , because when all characters became 3-4k hp you cant kill actually noone with death lotus but this happaned after 1 hour play + . ( I have lost games where i was with stats 33-7 , 30-6 , only because of that) How sad.
Epilog:
This build is recommended for advanced katarina players , it might not work well with begginers . But even if begginer use it sooner or later , he will start the blood masacre
-Good Luck-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Guide] Begginer - > Advantage
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I Will give some tips for how YOU MUST PLay with katarina , because i have seen so many noobs and i can't take it anymore .
1 - At the begging of the game : The most times you will be vs some range chmp , the tricky part is that each range champion will take advantage of his Range , and will try hitting you most of the times , but You MUST know that when he hits you your creeps start hitting him aswell , and in that moment you make , shunpo -> normal hit -> moving back -> dagger. the result is that he lost 200-300 life for 100 from yourside.
it will be better if you didnt be so aggresive until level 4 , because your skills dont make good dmg and when you shunpo him the effect will be oposite. The right way you must attack your opoent with shunpo is when there are less creeps from his side , and you will not take so much damage.
2 - One very important thing where most of the katarina players fail , is The way you activate your death lotus. When you need to kill one or two enemies and you are alone ,
after you shunpo them , ( You will not start death lotus immediatly , exept they are on really less hit points. You move on the side where they will run away for 1/2 - 1 second , and you activate death lotus .) If you know that your oponent have flash , or some skill with which he can survive it is better first to insult him with shunpo +hit+ dagger combination, and make him to activate his evade skill on panic , if he doesnt , you will not kill him 1 on 1 if he stays on tower nomatter what you do.
The other tricky part about death lotus is : When You must kill someone and you are nerally some bushesh , IT is strongly recommended after you shunpo him to go in the bushesh and aktivate death lotus there. Beacuse if you dont your oponent can go there and he will survive.
3 - When you play katarina you mustnt afraid from the towers , if there are character on half hp , you must kill him in the right way , but it needs some training , You shunpo , fastly exhaust him death lotus and after kill shunpo to some of your ally units.
4 - late game when you have basnhee's vale it is important to not get hit by some ****y spells and keep its effect for the main battle , You mustnt JUmp first in the battle.

Istarune

01-28-2010

I'm a bit confused as to why you didn't edit your old guide as opposed to opening a new thread.

Also why the insistence on catalyst so early if you wait so long to get banshee's veil? At that stage of the game you can grab a giant's belt that gives you more HP per gold and doesn't waste the cash on the MP component. I understand banshee's veil is the linchpin of your build to keep the CC spam down (granted they could just nuke you then CC but it DOES make them waste an ability in a teamfight) but why hold off so long to get it? You'll have to make a LOT of kills to generate all the gold to make the veil at the very end of the build, but if you're relying on veil how are you going to make all those kills?

If you're making a complete guide would you mind posting your mastery tree choices and your rune picks? It can help a lot of people to see the other half of your build which might be confusing the rest of us as to why you made specific choices.

Minor editorial note: Your play-style advise is almost unreadable due to grammar and spelling issues, I can somewhat understand the grammar part because English is a jacked-up language and sucks for trying to type in, but there's a spell check INCLUDED in the forum's posting software. It shows you big squiggly red lines you know.
You have some decent advice in their but its hard to pull out due to the grammar and spelling issues, so 'begginers' are going to have a VERY hard time seeing as they can't divine your strategy from the ether based on their own observations.

rximmortal

01-28-2010

i explain everything about the catalyst in the previous post , If you cant get yourself why than dont play katarina ... or play in your own way

rximmortal

01-28-2010

Runes are :
Mark - Magic penetration
Seal - HP/dodge
Glyph - MP/-CD
and 3 runes for health
Masteries : 9 in offense untill you get the 15% magic penetration shield
the others in defense.
Summoners spells : Exhaust and (the one that reveal the map)