Sivir Chalice Vs. Philosophers Stone

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hoodie Assassin

02-06-2010

Which should I choose and why? Chalice lets me spam more, but Philosopher's lets me stay in the lane longer. And also gives me gold over time. Any inputs here?

GG Crono

02-06-2010

I usually find that a Philosopher's Stone is sufficient if I need the mana regen, but then again, I almost never spam Boomerang Blade early.

spreadfred

02-06-2010

i usu get chalice, but i do spam boomerang a lot. esp if ur going against a caster, spell shield + MR from chalice should be enough to keep you in lane for a while w/o needing the hp regen from philosophers.

EchoRex

02-06-2010

Chalice.

Magic Resist which Sivir needs to survive teamfights/poison users, and all of the mana regen needed when combined with Spell Shield's return.

Tornsoul

02-07-2010

If your against a caster spell sheild should be enough if you are careful. I would rather have the HP regen. A good teemo "one that dodges boomerang blades so he can attack you when its on cooldown" katarina, shaco, there are plenty of enemys out there that if played aggressively can force you out of the lane, most certainly if you do not have any HP regen. Unless your planning on making a Starks right after chalice or at least emblem of valor, I would go with philo stone every time. I primary use regular bounces to drive my opponent out of the lane, I save boomerang for when they start heading straight for me to cast some kind of spell or initiate an attack. A good player will dodge it and attack you when its on cooldown if you just try to hit them with it constantly.

Flapjacks

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornsoul View Post
If your against a caster spell sheild should be enough if you are careful. I would rather have the HP regen. A good teemo "one that dodges boomerang blades so he can attack you when its on cooldown" katarina, shaco, there are plenty of enemys out there that if played aggressively can force you out of the lane, most certainly if you do not have any HP regen. Unless your planning on making a Starks right after chalice or at least emblem of valor, I would go with philo stone every time. I primary use regular bounces to drive my opponent out of the lane, I save boomerang for when they start heading straight for me to cast some kind of spell or initiate an attack. A good player will dodge it and attack you when its on cooldown if you just try to hit them with it constantly.
So just make Emblem heh

Tornsoul

02-07-2010

Only problem with going chalice - emblem, your kinda putting off your boots for a long time.

I would say 90% of the time early game, if your getting harrassed badly, having boots to get away from them before you can be hit by w/e spell etc, is the reason your getting harrassed badly in the first place. So easy to harrass/kill people that get boots late.

sainthero

02-07-2010

Chalice if im against a team where ill need MR.

ctidesm

02-07-2010

mana manip

Hoodie Assassin

02-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctidesm View Post
mana manip
I thought about getting that, its cheap, and can be used for a soul shroud later game. Has anyone else tried this?