Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Top 10 Best CC in the game

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ComradeHX

02-18-2011

Quote:
Fredgerd:
Null sphere has much better range though. And damage. great harrass skill.

Range matters less when a Yi is in your face killing you.

Having travel time is also a problem; it causes players to rage at Vlad/Sivir...etc(Pool and spellshield).

Tychii

02-18-2011

Morgs root is nasty on melee, ashes arrow is super amazing and malz ult is for sure one of the best, its insane single target destruction

wither as stated is definatly one of the best cc's in the game
Karthus wall is pretty wild as well, huge aoe - tons of slow-- and it can re apply itself

but ya most of them have been stated for sure -- galios aoe taunt should be on there as well for just being totally wild like amumus

Naphtal

Recruiter

02-18-2011

why do i not see nasus' wither? it hard counters DPS carries and its massive slow effects can be felt even at level 1. its cast range is decent and with enough CDr its cooldown is too. the same can go for nunu and uber spam ice blast

Legendary Jason

02-18-2011

taunts and supression

Eph289

02-18-2011

How on earth do you NOT have Enchanted Crystal Arrow on there? It is a global stun that lasts up to 3.5 seconds on a 60 second cooldown.

Fluffy1

02-19-2011

id say blitzcrank is the best CC in the game. no hes not a champ hes a CC, hes all CC. in fact he can have someone locked down for 6-8 seconds on his own.

Shosuko

Recruiter

02-19-2011

Amumu and Shen have my favorite cc's as they are able to disable the greater part of a team for a good duration. Curse of the sad mummy is stronger, but is ult cd while shen taunt is low cd.

Aside from those - I <3 stun bear. Annie is amazing in the right hands for really messing up a team. Just gotta be good at nuking the right ppl at the right time. Since it isn't tied to her ult, you can use her aoe stun when your ult is on cd.

GhostDieM

02-19-2011

I know you said take lane phase availability into account but no matter what you say Kennen's ult is hands-down the best CC in the game. Once you hit lvl 6 it means people can no longer tower-dive you, even 2 or vs 1. It means you and your lane mate can now initiate a fight because they WILL be disabled . And to top it off in teamfights you will stun practically the entire enemy team at least once with your ult and who-ever you focus on twice by also landing your spells on them. In terms of cc, you just can't beat that. Hell cc even means Crowd Control, and Kennen can truly control a crowd.

Fredgerd

02-19-2011

Quote:
Artemis66X:
Swain's combo is great
Nevermore into a lazerbird while you have torment on them is up there with rocketgrab into powerfist in terms of great CC and damage at the same time

oh yeah, mundo's Cleaver is also fantastic. great damage, great slow, short cd

and if anything kassadin's void pulse is better than null sphere. i'm pretty sure it does more damage, is AOE and gives a great slow (making kassadin even more impossible to escape from, and it's easy to charge with a few netherblade spam and a riftwalk)

and finally, Nasus should make the list with Wither.
brings their attack and move speed to a standstill

this thread is about singulare abilities, not combos. I have to say the same thing about the blitzcrank abilities.

void pulse and wither, hmm maybe. But those are only good if your already dominating a fight. Null sphere can silence an enemy carry giving your team the necessary time to focus and destroy them. Silence is a severely underrated ability.

I welcome any of you making your own list but I don't think Null Sphere is leaving mine.

SonicTheHedgedawg

02-19-2011

considering how dodgeable cho's spikes are, there is no way those should be #1