Don't see many people other than myself using DPS Sion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiromatsu

02-18-2011

He is generally played as AP because the build is more effective earlier in the game and games tend to be decided early. AD is as effective if not more than AP once it is farmed enough, the problem with that is unless he gets really fed that is pretty late in the game after a lot of champions have already reached their carry point and are probably winning the game.

That being said I play both, when using AD sion I max his shield first because even without AP it lets him farm much better and soak up some damage in lane while he dishes it out.

Restore the roar

02-18-2011

I LOVE DPS SIon. Hes a beasty.

Kkangpae

02-18-2011

just a reply to sion not being able to jungle.
he can jungle may not be as fast as other junglers but very doable, i go dps jungle sion, his ganking ability is rather under rated too. master set up is 1/18/16, runes, arm pen, hp quints, mp5/lvl and flat MR glyphs.

i start with cloth 5 pot and get his shield first, i start at small golems, smite one, go wraiths, wolves, blue, then back down to small golems, wraiths, then from here i go red or wolves then red, if a gank is open i go straight to red after wraiths. when i back i finish up wriggles, boots ( preference ), then i build towards a phantom dancer, then last whisper and then atmas, then another phantom dancer, by the time u get atma's u should b sitting at around 2.5k+ hp without hp items, and around 300 or so AD. the PH is used for chasing, aspd, and crit, i've managed to pull off crits for about 600-1k on enemy champs, with around 80% crit rate. thats my build anyways and seems to work fine.
Skill build lvl wewq then R>E>W>Q or R>E>Q>W

GregoryCorso

02-18-2011

I love AD Sion, but AP is much, much easier to play. Shield has such an amazing ratio, it's amazing for farming

If Guinsoo decides to nerf the level 1 stun then I'm pretty sure that'll be the final nail for AD Sion

1ronLung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2011

AD sion can be extremely effective. but as it has been said before, it doesnt become possible until later in the game. normally a good CS early game and a gank heavy mid game will be what an AD sion needs. most people i've seen use crit sion when playing AD

this guide has a few crazy sion builds, as well as an AD jungle build

pretty much has good builds and strategy for every type of sion

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...interest.xhtml

thelost1

02-19-2011

in my opion i have yet to see a good AP sion i do play viegar meaning sion becomes a squishy to me but if you want stun burst better to go taric you still have shield to pop and a stun with a good aura and reliable heals, not only that but u can get ride of sion sheild with a bit of dps making him only have 1 spell to spam

i agree AP sion doesnt seem worth it and is even more easy to farm out of the game

Burkill

02-20-2011

I play AD sion, I find it better put it with a bloodthirster and your leeching 150 HP per hit with your ult on.