New Champion.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sirius333

02-18-2011

I know at least a few people who have posted a few things about having a minion champion, and I was very enthusiastic with this idea. But then they threw in a terribly complicated story line with stuff like "developed in a secret lab" or "noble hero ressurected in the form of a minion" and I was like no, no, no! that's the last thing we need! Because it really is. Most champions have a rather "high profile beginning", meaning they were at least somewhat well known even before joining the league. What I really want is a champion with really, really humble beginnings. And what could be more humble than being summoned as battle fodder to feed a champion his levels in a league match? Therefore I give you Rommel: the minion champion!

Journal of Justice:

When the summoners created the league, they must have anticipated that all the magic used in such a concentrated area would cause abnormalities. No matter how many wards or precautions you use, massive amounts of magic will cause aberrations and mutations; it's just common sense. That's why we have Rammus and Mokai and Twitch and Blitzcrank and Gragas and Karthus and Rommel and...Who's Rommel, you ask? Long story. No, you really don't want to know. Well, alright, if you insist. Sit down, this is gonna take awhile.

It is a simple fact that hundreds of minions are slaughtered in each league match. Minions are simply fodder while the champions do the real work. A minion can only be expected to live for about fifteen seconds (at maximum) in the heat of battle. There never was, never is, and never will be such an absurdity as a veteran minion.

It was just such a thought that was going through Corki's mind as he was staring at the minion who had held off wave after wave of afore-mentioned battle fodder while all the champions had been preoccupied with a five-on-five brawl in the center lane.

In the northern lane, a single siege minion (on purple team) had had the right wheel of his siege machine busted off in the first few minutes of the all-minion melee. While his victorious comrades pushed farther down the lane, this particular minion (with much more intelligence than he ought to have had) dragged his broken siege machine to the reeds nearby and waited. Being a minion himself, he knew of the inevitable wave of enemy minions that were sure to push his brothers back to their starting positions. Piling rocks and logs around his immobile war machine, he prepared a fighting position to hold off the coming onslaught.

Our humble little protagonist waited patiently while enemy minions came rushing up the lane en masse. Instead of firing his small cannon at the first opportunity, the genius underling waited until his enemies were devastatingly close and blasted them at point blank. The results were catastrophic for the incoming blue minions. Three of them were killed outright, and the other four reacted how any minion (well, any normal minion, not a strange aberration from the league) would have reacted: stupidly.

The enemy blues thought that the blast had originated from the purple defenders further up the lane, and continued to march mindlessly forward. The second blast came and the trailing blue siege minion's vehicle practically exploded from the force of the close-quarters blast. The last three surviving caster minions noticed that the blast had come from the weeds rather than farther ahead. Of course, by that time it was far too late. The last three minions disintegrated in the blast of the diminutive defender's cannon fire.

Unfortunately by this time, the next wave of blue minions had arrived and had taken notice of the pitiful fortress. As his lesser comrades had been intercepted by a summoner-controlled Dr. Mundo, our little hero was forced to engage these foes alone. Half an hour rolled past while the tide of the battle shifted in favor of the purple team before the purple champion Corki noticed the peculiar defense mounted in the reeds. He did a quick double-take at the strange scene but continued toward the blue base, deciding he would report on the minion's strange behavior after the battle.

It wasn't until the blue team made a last ditch effort to push the northern lane, in an offensive consisting of all five champions, did anyone really notice the purple minion who had bravely drawn a line in the sand. As the purple champions ambushed the blue forces from the other side of the lane, it was all they could do not to stare in confusion at the purple minion in his pathetic bunker of rocks and logs; desperately firing one round after another at Singed, who was bearing down on him with murder in his eyes. Galio, in a fit of compassion, swooped down to rescue the would-be-doomed minion while {insert champion} finished Singed with his {Insert ability}.

The minion was brought before the league and judged worthy as a champion, and was given a special siege machine from hextech to use as his weapon. He was given the honor of naming himself; a rather difficult task, as all minions are mute. He learned how to read and named himself Rommel. It should be noted that Rommel did not actually kill any enemy champions in his brave stand in the reeds. Indeed, he did not even manage to slow Singed in his charge towards Rommel's position. It is solely on the merit of his unyielding defense that Rommel has earned the title of League champion. As of yet, he only has a small following of underdog supporting fans who cheer him in the League matches.

Attack:***

Health:*******

Spell power:***

Difficulty:*

Tank: Very high health and armor.

Ranged

Farmer

Slow movement speed

Underwhelming attack power.

Rommel's vehicle is inspired by early light tanks of WWI and the interwar period.

K D Bonez

02-18-2011

While I do appreciate all the effort you put into writing this, it simply will not happen. Minions are not sentiant beings. They are summoned and controled by Mages that spawn them in the Nexus room. The only way known so far for them to act independantly (which isn't really saying much other then they try to kill everything) is when a Nexus was destroyed and the Mages summoning them lost control. That point alone invalidates this whole concept.

2nd, Purple Seige Minion is OP. Even if it got +10 Armor, it would not last, what, 35 minutes? Games don't even last that long, much less do you expect something with 500 HP to last that long.

3rd, if this is ment to be a "Champion Suggestion/Submission", then you got the wrong section. You want Champion Feedback.

Sirius333

02-20-2011

Alrighty then. I don't know much lore on minions, I simply don't know where to dig on that, so you may be right there.

But also, you forget about the fact that this is no more messed up than Mokai springing to life unexpectedly. After all, the whole world has been messed up by magic, so the idea of a minion spell going awry isn't so ridiculous.

Next up, in an actual game of LoL, this probably wouldn't happen, that is true. But this setting isn't a game, it's simple story. But circumstances like this often pop up in real life. So it's not as stupid as it seems. During the battle of Stalingrad, a small batch of just over twelve soldiers defended a house against wave after wave of german attackers. It was called Pavlovs house. If your enemy is stupid (and in this case, they are) you can usually beat superior numbers with a little bit of brains and a whole lot of chutzpah. It looks impossible on paper, but in the real world it works, and therefore it should also work in fiction, no matter what kind.

Third, thank you for the information on champion feedback. I didn't know that. Out of curiosity, did you read the whole thing? I'm a bit of a writer, and I look for people who can cratique my work. You just did that pretty well. It's like pulling teeth trying to get your friends to admit that there is something wrong with your work that needs to be addressed.

Sirius333

02-20-2011

Oh, and addendum. I've personally experienced games that have lasted for over forty five minutes. It's not that unusual. One side will usually give up before that point, but if you get a stubborn batch that knows it's defense, finally stomping the nexus can be a tough business.

Kulamon

02-20-2011

I actually like the idea of a Minion Champion. It would give a nifty backstory to a champion out of the ordinary 'Xxxx Champion was a valiant warrior and joined the league.'