Laning as Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chaoticon

02-18-2011

I last hit and harass with rupture non stop...If I happen to miss the person I was harassing then I still kill the minion. Scream puts me into melee range and all ranged skills can hit me as I move out of range. I use scream for the silence so I can eat people at 1/2 hp.

Rupture > scream....I've never used rylias either. Harassing and "last" hitting with W is dumb. It is such a good utility tool. I love playing AP support cho(true damage 1200+ low cd ult, late game, ruins any carries day), but most of the time I have to go tank heavy because people don't know how to play and blame the "tanks" all the time.

homeskilit

02-18-2011

yeah during laning your goal is to farm, and if possible try and catch opponents in your rupture.

It really depends on runes and skill order.

I use magic pen reds and purps with regen/lv yellows and flat regen blues.

This allows me to max rupture and scream asap (with one point in spikes at level 2). Play cho like a caster until you stack enough tank gear to feel confident you wont die (agains swain and mord id rush a banshee or FoN).

Against opponents like mord and swain, you cant push them and ganking them is hard. So your goal is to farm and defend you turret. Try and talk your mid or jungler in to ganking your lane. Pretty much all you can do.

USS BUTTPEE

02-18-2011

There are several problems for me as Cho in laning:

Kennen

Really...I think it's mostly Kennen.

Chaoticon

02-18-2011

If kennen is a problem, then swap with your solo mid.

XxLegolawlsxX

02-19-2011

Lane with a support that needs next to no cs.

Have them weaken minions if you are getting pushed back or weaken warlock minions before you push the enemy in the lane so you can last hit them in a bad situation. (Ranged creeps with 1 life are as effective as pushing as creeps with full life)

USS BUTTPEE

02-19-2011

Quote:
rupture > scream....I've never used rylias either. Harassing and "last" hitting with W is dumb. It is such a good utility tool. I love playing AP support cho(true damage 1200+ low cd ult, late game, ruins any carries day), but most of the time I have to go tank heavy because people don't know how to play and blame the "tanks" all the time.
I honestly think everyone's wrong in this argument. Often times, I'll wait to see who I am facing up against before deciding what skill to get in laning. If I'm laning against someone like Caitlyn, for example, I'm definitely pumping rupture. But against say, Fiddlesticks? Scream, easily. These are extreme examples, but certain skills work much better against certain champs.

Oh, and Rupture is VERY nice if you are 2v1ing, because you can safely last hit huge amounts of creeps to get your life back and stay in lane.

Splargh

02-19-2011

Regen pendant first. Get 2 levels in E by level 3. Then max Q. Use these for last hits. If swain is being agressive, just wait for a rupture hit, then go in and scream, and autoattack.

Cenerae

02-19-2011

Scream is a lot easier to land than Rupture is. Anyone that's worth their salt should be able to dodge most of the Rupture attempts, but they can't stop you from landing a Scream without running away from you. Which means you're zoning them, and you don't waste any mana trying to do it.

If you hit them with the Scream then the long silence stops them from doing anything besides autoattacking you in response. Rupture's knockup only stops them from retaliating for a short time. I've had much better sucess with levelling scream first and using Rupture to set up ganks or Feast attempts (once they're running it's easier to predict where they'll run to)

Doriantv

02-19-2011

Interesting story:

Just had to duo lane for a game, and fed the enemy team 2 kills (Mundo on enemy team, and my lane partner sucked.) I switched to go solo top, by which point I was down 3 levels relative to Morgana, and it was 11 minutes and I only had 10 lasthits. But still I managed to stalemate her with near-perfect lasthitting, and by 20 minutes I was almost at 100. Which is not good, but for a duo laner that fed 2 kills, it's pretty cool.

Then again, Morgana tends to be a very passive laner, so it's not that impressive.

Anyways, thanks for your help, and I've been having more success focusing on Scream.