Why is Manume good on the new Ryze? The answer for those who haven't figured it out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ansre

02-18-2011

In practice, I'd target this build (leaguecraft), upgrading a catalyst to veil and glacial to frozen first.

In theory, I'd have more than double the ~7.7k gold for that build, and end up with something like this. That one does pick up manamune over archangel's, and throws a wetdream trinity force on top.

In the one game I've played since the remake, I had something like this build, with 1,527 gold in pocket at the end (11,997 earned total). Admittedly that was without any dragon kills I was aware of.

I don't know where people are coming up with these ridiculous gear builds that run 15,000+ gold. I know it's really tempting to punch them into a champion builder, but my experience has been you don't really want to be in a game which drags on that long. Besides, if it does go that long you then need to figure on a void staff, which is a huge waste on new Ryze.

ashendrakar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-18-2011

Archangles into tanky mana items, build a late lichbane to get more mana and MR, along with a proc you can ALWAYS have active, with the AP to keep it useful.

Kilt

02-18-2011

Just tear, upgrading it is a waste of gold.

Winterfal1

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merich View Post
So many people are confused about why people are getting Manume rather than Archangel's on Ryze. Those that have already figured it out kudos, for those that haven't let me explain why.

Ryze has horrible AP ratios... Tristana could be built to nuke harder than Ryze if they both had AP items (Trist has a 1.5 AP ratio on her ult).

Two of Ryze's spells now scale with mana, so you need mana. Both archangel's and manume give almost the same amount of mana, but manume gives AD while archangel's gives AP. As I said before Ryze's AP ratios suck, so the AD is better for him. It will help him auto-attack harder which will help him push down towers faster.

Plus since Ryze is now mana based he can build Glacial Shroud / Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil to give his spells a boost. So he will actually live long enough to auto-attack. Also, Sheen is a good choice on him as well since it gives mana too and Sheen has good synergy with manume.

Add all that together and it is pretty easy to see why Manume > Archangel's on the new Ryze.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Manume gives 50 less mana than Archangel's. Sorry.

I agree with this assessment. Manamune is a heck why not item. Not a necessity.

EDIT 2: Why all the downvotes? Explain what is wrong in my explanation.

EDIT 3: Fine keep building AP Ryze, I will let you live in ignorance...

Apparently they haven't figured out what high elo people came to understand in 2 seconds...
I don't see ryze on your playlist, how do you even know what you're talking about? And high elo.. your elo isnt even shown because its so low so you watched somebodys stream and came here to act like you know ****?

Twilíght

02-18-2011

Or you could stop building Ryze like an idiot and burn down turrets faster by stacking Archangels or have some other AP items. You do 40% of your AP as damage to turrets.

Build Manamune and be a derptard. Or build Archangels and be pro. Your choice.

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLeader View Post
Or you could stop building Ryze like an idiot and burn down turrets faster by stacking Archangels or have some other AP items. You do 40% of your AP as damage to turrets.

Build Manamune and be a derptard. Or build Archangels and be pro. Your choice.
cool deaths bro

Twilíght

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dzung View Post
cool deaths bro
People like you are pathetic. And I can say the same for you.

neonyte

02-18-2011

Anything beyond Tear is a waste of gold early game. Tear's passive is better at giving mana than either manamune or archangels. How? Both manamune and archangels have a 3 second cd on ability cast before you can gain mana again. Tear has a 6 second window where you can gain up to 8 mana. With the was Ryze is played you will probably net more mana over time with the tear than either and its half the price. Furthermore, if you aren't getting a Glacial Shroud asap you are doing something wrong.

Wooyboy

02-18-2011

I get the reasoning, but I still disagree. I feel like the point of Ryze is to use overload a lot. If you use him right, you should be almost constantly casting spells. Using up time to auto attack just doesn't feel worth it. If you play like this (only casting spells and using the time in between to reposition yourself) then the AP from archangels is worth more than the AD from manamune simply because you won't be auto attacking.

Granted, if you find that auto attacking fits with his play style, then by all means go for manamune. I just personally don't think that's how he should be played.

Dzung

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLeader View Post
People like you are pathetic. And I can say the same for you.
u racist brah?