Why is Manume good on the new Ryze? The answer for those who haven't figured it out

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Merich

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2011

Many people are confused about why people are getting Manume rather than Archangel's on Ryze. Those that have already figured it out kudos, for those that haven't let me explain why.

Ryze has horrible AP ratios... Tristana could be built to nuke harder than Ryze if they both had AP items (Trist has a 1.5 AP ratio on her ult).

Two of Ryze's spells now scale with mana, so you need mana. Both archangel's and manume give almost the same amount of mana, but manume gives AD while archangel's gives AP. As I said before Ryze's AP ratios suck, so the AD is better for him. It will help him auto-attack harder which will help him push down towers faster.

Plus since Ryze is now mana based he can build Glacial Shroud / Frozen Heart and Banshee's Veil to give his spells a boost. So he will actually live long enough to auto-attack. Also, Sheen is a good choice on him as well since it gives mana too and Sheen has good synergy with manume.

Add all that together and it is pretty easy to see why Manume > Archangel's on the new Ryze.

EDIT: I was mistaken. Manume gives 50 less mana than Archangel's. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermoo View Post
I'd bet my money that Tear alone is better for Ryze than Manamune.
I agree with this assessment. Manamune is a heck why not item. Not a necessity.

EDIT 2: Why all the downvotes? Explain what is wrong in my explanation.

EDIT 3: Fine keep building AP Ryze, I will let you live in ignorance...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgamesh View Post
Vman7 is the reason for the Manamune Ryze.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=522957
Apparently they haven't figured out what high elo people came to understand in 2 seconds...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansre View Post
In practice, I'd target this build (leaguecraft) and probably leave it at that, upgrading a catalyst to veil and glacial to frozen first.

In theory, I'd have more than double the ~7.7k gold for that build, and end up with something like this.
That is the exact same build I was think of.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfal1 View Post
I don't see ryze on your playlist, how do you even know what you're talking about?
Touche. I am basing my analysis off of theory crafting and high elo streams. I have watched both Vman and Richard Tracy (BigFatJiJi) play the new Ryze and they used manume to great effect in the streams I watched.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooyboy View Post
I get the reasoning, but I still disagree. I feel like the point of Ryze is to use overload a lot. If you use him right, you should be almost constantly casting spells. Using up time to auto attack just doesn't feel worth it. If you play like this (only casting spells and using the time in between to reposition yourself) then the AP from archangels is worth more than the AD from manamune simply because you won't be auto attacking.

Granted, if you find that auto attacking fits with his play style, then by all means go for manamune. I just personally don't think that's how he should be played.
This man knows how to have an intelligent conversation and he brings up some good points.Your build is heavily dependent on your playstyle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLeader View Post
You do 40% of your AP as damage to turrets.
I will admit until now I did not know this. I have since looked it up and this is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
  • Bonus physical damage to turrets from AP expanded to also affect inhibitors and the nexus
  • Increased the bonus damage to structures from AP to 40% from 25%
See Release Notes v1.0.0.72: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...335#post605335


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ByakuyaYO

Senior Member

02-18-2011

Clap to those who had to read this to figure it out.

League blog for those interested: http://riotoflegends.blogspot.com/


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dzung

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2011

wrong. new ryze gets manamune because manamune is fun to say


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AntiTcb

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2011

Quote:
Two of Ryze's spells now scale with mana, so you need mana. Both archangel's and manume give the same amount of mana
Archangel's gives more mana.

Ryze has absolutely no AD ratios. He has ratios on 3 of his spells, and his ult scales with it because of more damage on his 3 spells from AP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

mistermoo

Senior Member

02-18-2011

I'd bet my money that Tear alone is better for Ryze than Manamune.

Edit: Also, he rely relies on those spells so the AP ratios add up. Many spell casts, plus AoE splash, means those small AP ratios are contributing a lot more than Tristana's AP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

vvr

Senior Member

02-18-2011

its called mana mune


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spartaan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

02-18-2011

No.

AP > AD even if you say that Ryze doesn't do anything after casting his spells.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hikaratu

Senior Member

02-18-2011

You only upgrade tears to another item if you're running out of inventory space, and at that point the fact that archangels costs more is moot point because it becomes an issue of power per inventory slot rather than power per gold which archangels beats manamune in heaps for Ryze.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Valgamesh

Senior Member

02-18-2011

Vman7 is the reason for the Manamune Ryze.
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=522957


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Real RoTaN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

02-18-2011

I'd rather buy Lich over Manamune any day of the year on Ryze. With my build you'll have over 5.1k mana and survivability. Too many noobs who don't know how to play Ryze lol.