Socrates guide to Tristana (The Nuker?)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Socrates

08-17-2009

*******http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/1895/socratessignature.jpg******** *******http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9360/leagueoflegendsclashoff.jpg********

Ok so we all have seen tristana played as a dps but what about a nuker? Well the other day i cam across a very interesting strategy with Tristana. Note that nuking only works if you already have a dps on your team. So here goes.

I List of Abilities.

Rapid Fire (Q)
Tristana fires her weapon rapidly, increasing her attack speed for a short time.

Rocket Jump (W)
Tristana fires at the ground to propel herself to a distant location, dealing damage and slowing surrounding units for 3 seconds where she lands.

Explosive Shot (E)
When Tristana kills a unit, it explodes, dealing area damage around it.

Buster Shot (R)
Tristana loads a massive cannonball into her weapon and fires it at an enemy unit. This deals damage and knocks the target back.

II Ability build.

1. Rocket Jump
2 Explosive Shot
3. Rocket Jump
4. Explosive Sot
5. Rocket Jump
6. Buster Shot
7. Explosive Shot
8. Rocket Jump
9. Rocket Jump
10. Explosive Shot
11. Buster Shot
12. Explosive Shot
13. Rapid Fire
14. Rapid Fire
15. Rapid Fire
16. Buster shot
17. Rapid Fire
18. Rapid Fire

People have asked me me why i get explosive shot at level 7 instead of Rocket Jump my answer is simple. Farm. the most important factor about being Tristana as a nuker is that you can still farm with her passive. At level 3 it does 150 damage plus your 3 kage's picks and a sorcerer's shoes u have enough damage to last hit a ranged minion and get the rest as well as kill the others in 2 last hits.

III Item Build.

starting items= Kage's pick prerequisite and mana potion
mid game items= 3 kage's pick and sorcerer's shoes as well as start mejals soul stealer
Late game= Lich Bane and Zohnya's Ring
Optional= Fiendish Codex

A few points I'd like to give people will ask why 3 lucky kage's picks. A few reasons it adds the ability power u need for using your jump and passive, as well as some for the ult. Its adds tons of farming ability, by level 10 u should last hit a creep and take out all the ranged minions as well as the income.

Mejals soul stealer is the most important cornerstone to playing tristana as a nuker. This is because Tristana is an amazing kser/carry so people wont get to pissed when u ult some guy running away with 100 health. With every kill u get 10 ability power so even if you go kamikaze for a kill it will still have its advantages you will still get the boosted income from kage's lucky pick and you got an extra 10 ability power.

Replacing your last Lucky Pick with a Fiendish codex is a viable choice. It is sometimes preferred if your ganking often and don't have your ulti in time.

IV Summoner Spells.

Flash/Ghostwalk (for those of you lower levels ghostwalk is a great alternative) and Exhaust

These sumoner spells are all for quick escapes and chasing. One Example of this is that you are chasing jax hes at 600 hp you jump to him dealing 350 (spell reduction included) and then he slows and jumps away you then proceed to flash, exhaust attack twice and jump getting the kill. Another outcome is that u exhaust before hand he jumps and u jump into his group and kill him then flash out of the group into a neutral creep zone and hop away.

V Runes.

Runes are an important part of Tristana as they are every character and there only 2 ways in my opinion to use runes on Tristana. One of which is focus lowering the coldown and the other is potency upgrading the ability power. Each play style has its advantages Potetency is more damage early on. Whereas Focus tends to give you an overall advantage so you can use your ult when needed and so you can Jump a second quicker.

VI Strategy.

Some quick tips to help your overall game play with Tristana. If you are not sure that your jump will hit them, and your just in range. Take the time to flash first then block his path with your jump. Another helpful hint is that when you jump try to get right behind them so when your ult knocks them back it pushes them into your team, this can decide between a kill and a loss so take that into account. This section will be updated as needed.

Teran

08-17-2009

That's certainly an interesting perspective you have there. I have to be honest though, I'm having a hard time seeing how this would work unless rocket jump and buster shot got a lot of benefit from ability power.

I may have to give this build a shot just to satisfy my curiosity.

Socrates

08-17-2009

thank you for responding and i believe they do it seems to me that when rocket jump does +230 it helps and when buster shot does +430 but hey its just me i always get a positive rat though so its not horrible

Mearcliff

08-19-2009

Hmm another ap variant for a hero, will put this on my to-do list and reply back to tell you the results.

Socrates

08-21-2009

awesome ty

neosapphireski

11-02-2009

nice guide thanks