Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Gragas, viable or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarna

02-18-2011

Hey guys. I've recently been interested in purchasing gragas, but i barely ever see him used and wanted to know if he is viable or not? Also whats a nice build for him etc?

LoveJess

02-18-2011

I've played him a few times, and found it quite effective to get CDR items with health. (so you can spam your Q more effectively and still be somewhat tanky). Also, you're going to want to get at least a little AP, to increase the damage of your barrels. Sorry i'm not very helpful, as I only have a few games with him. To answer your question, yes I think he is a viable champion if used correctly. He has a harass ability, free mana/toughness ability, initiate/escape ability, and an ult that can initiate a teamfight, or save a teammate/yourself.

Hubbz

02-18-2011

Gragas is a monster in the lane with or without a partner.

With built in healing on all casts, damage reduction skill, mini flash/chase skill - he can stay in the lane almost forever.

You can go almost all AP with some survivability and spam barrels all day long.
Go CD reduction/AD and body slam people to death.

Almost any tankish item makes him THAT much tankier because of his damage reduction skill.