Gragas, viable or not?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solarna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-17-2011

Hey guys. I've recently been interested in purchasing gragas, but i barely ever see him used and wanted to know if he is viable or not? Also whats a nice build for him etc?

LoveJess

02-18-2011

I've played him a few times, and found it quite effective to get CDR items with health. (so you can spam your Q more effectively and still be somewhat tanky). Also, you're going to want to get at least a little AP, to increase the damage of your barrels. Sorry i'm not very helpful, as I only have a few games with him. To answer your question, yes I think he is a viable champion if used correctly. He has a harass ability, free mana/toughness ability, initiate/escape ability, and an ult that can initiate a teamfight, or save a teammate/yourself.

Hubbz

02-18-2011

Gragas is a monster in the lane with or without a partner.

With built in healing on all casts, damage reduction skill, mini flash/chase skill - he can stay in the lane almost forever.

You can go almost all AP with some survivability and spam barrels all day long.
Go CD reduction/AD and body slam people to death.

Almost any tankish item makes him THAT much tankier because of his damage reduction skill.