Warwick Jungling Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThaggleS

02-18-2011

That mastery setup and rune setup seemed silly...

Try:

Reds - ArmPen (x4) Attack Speed (x5)
Yellows - Flat Armor
Blues - Attack Speed
Purples - Movement Speed

And then try 14 0 16 Mastery Tree, taking the magic pen, armpen, and two AD in offense and mana regen/buff duration and movement speed in utility.

Start with boots and 3 health potions and head to blue. Take Q first. Attack blue when it spawns, use Q after it hits once or twice (immediately pop a health pot when it hits you) and finish it. Your health will get low but you can do it. Maybe have your mid hit it once for you and that will help soooo much.

398 Movement Speed off the bat, clearing the jungle in less than 3 minutes and ganking with 398MS and red guarantees first blood.

DarkM09

02-18-2011

I'm not lvl 30 so i'm not sure... But really makes that difference the AS runes? Because to get a nice number you need all 30 slots with AS runes (38 AS aprox), or at least all red+quints (25,5AS). That makes a bigger difference than the Apen Marks + Armor Seals?

I ask because like i say, i'm not 30 yet, but i play ww very often so it would be a good info

Arlee

02-18-2011

played 100 games with armor pen rune on WW
played 100 games with atkspd runes on WW

Atkspd Runes = OP WW
You heal more during early jungle lvl (1-3) = easier/faster jungle. You proc more BloodThirst late game = more damage. It gives you everything you need. Oh and I forgot the most important part, (cloth armor, 2x red pots, 1x ward). That ward alone will take you to 1400 Elo, learn to use it.

Your team will always have a solo AP, and a solo AD champ. They carry the magic pen and armor pen runes. You carry jungle runes and do your role of jungling fast and efficiently at high health.

KatsuriX

02-18-2011

Just out of curiosity Arlee, are you just referring to marks, or marks + quints, or the full spread for those rune setups?

Kalshazzak

02-18-2011

I go AS marks, flat AR seals/quints, and flat CDR blues. I start LS and 1 pot, and rarely ever use the pot.

You absolutely tear through the jungle starting LS and the armor quints make up for no cloth armor.

DarkM09

02-19-2011

Same question than KatsuriX: Arlee, are you talking about a full AS page or just marks+quints?

SoFFacet

02-19-2011

I can't speak for Arlee but I use AS Quints/Reds, Armor Yellows, and MR/18 Blues quite successfully.

Kutara

02-19-2011

I use AS marks/glypsh/seals and some combination of experience/flat health quints. Smite is a must for speed and ease. take armor/2 pots/and the ward and start at blue and work straight across. masteries is usually 17/3/10 taking the 6 extra armor in defense. Before the jungle nerf I was lvl 6 before 6 minutes, but now it takes til about the 8 minute mark. after a successful gank, you have your basic madreds and basic boots. From there either set up another gank or get a teammate to help out with dragon. And best case scenario, the other team doesnt have a jungler and your teams doing well enough that you can take their jungle and gank when appropriate.
Ive never really tired anything other than AS but have had tons of success with it. For those who suggested taking boots first... dont. Youll end up waiting at camps waiting on creeps to spawn and youll be taking more dmg without the armor.

DarkM09

02-20-2011

I've seen guides suggesting that for the AS runes is better to start with the sword that gives 10 AD (the other component of the madred's) and the hunters call instead of cloth armor and hungering strike... I don't know about starting with the sword instead the armor, but changing HS for HC? Because in that case the speed must be incredibly good to make the passive replace it and keep alive...