Warwick Jungling Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IGintokiI

02-18-2011

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ank-tank-20917

Alright I'm using this guide and I wanna make sure these are the right choices in runes. I'm not sure if per level runes would be better, I want to be able to jungle pretty well from level 1 so I'd say I should buy only a few per lvl runes...I'm not really sure how the ratio should go. How many of each should I get :S

I saved up 13500ip and just turned 20, so I wanna make the best of this :P

Also I'd like to note that as I won't be able to afford a full page of runes, I was wondering which would be the most important to get, if I should balance them out or max 1 type of rune and some of another?

Thanks

*Edit* Is 13,000 worth of runes gonna be enough to be proficient at jungling 5v5/3v3 from lvl1? I'm really tempted to just buy Vladimir and put the rest on runes :S

eX Ahmbien

02-18-2011

Seals should usually be flat armor.

CaptainSoda

02-18-2011

I run all attack speed, it works especially well because you eventually get bloodrazor on him, so you end up with 80% attack speed from just those 2 items.

Max Gripness

02-18-2011

I believe in high ELO junglers get straight up attack speed runes; with the exception of maybe health quints and fo sho armor pen marks.

DarkIntentions

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Don't go armor pen on WW. He almost exclusively deals magic damage so armor pen isn't that helpful. I fun full attack runes and main WW. After building madred's i go tank items (one of which should be spirit visage). Unless you have a super beefy team, leave the main damage output to your carries. But yes, on WW at level 20 you can effectively jungle him 5v5 or 3v3 with straight attack speed runes. Make sure to get the experience masteries though or your jungle will be gimped pretty badly.

DerekBKA

02-18-2011

Magic pen + Armor Pen + AS..

thats what i use... and usually i go 19/4/15

i focus a lot on Magic Pen !

and i tried to go FULL AS.... it sucked... :P

Jacaari

02-18-2011

Get rid of those MPen Runes, period.

If you are jungling like every good WW should be you need to be taking Smite+Summoner Spell of your choice.

For Runes, Since you should be jungling, Attack Speed Attack Speed Attack speed.

Overall DPS vs ArPen and AS as well as Jungling speed has already been mathcrafted.

Ultimately it comes down to faster jungling time= faster ganks.

Most of the time I am higher level than the double lane or both double lanes if they have no jungler when its time to gank. Level 4 or 5 when they are level 3.

I run ASpeed Marks Armor Seals (More dependable than RNG) CDR Blues and AS quints,

(The slight nerf to HP quints made me change to the AS)

Hope this helps

Edit: I take 19/0/11

Offense is Smite+Critx3/ Attack Speedx4 CDRx4/ the Magic Pen Offense talent Arpenx3 and Extra flat damage to minionsx2

Utility is Extra Health Regenx3 Ghostx1 (I run Smite/Ghost) 4 Exp boost and 2 in utility mastery (Very important for faster jungling early game and good for extra time on buffs for ganks)
I throw my last point into greed, why not

Sorbon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekBKA View Post
Magic pen + Armor Pen + AS..
Wrong!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chivalrous Wolf View Post
Get rid of those MPen Runes, period.
Right!

When considering jungling runes/masteries you have to weigh whether they speed your jungling against how useful they are out of the jungle. Penetration will come in handy out of the jungle, sure, but as the OP has probably figured out for many junglers runes are going to make or break your ability to keep up on levels. Since they don't help much jungling, they aren't a great idea.

A generic jungling build would include Red +AD, Yellow +Armor, Flat Health Quints, and appropriate Blues (the effect of glyphs is so small with the recent changes that they matter very little, a weency bit of CDR Mana or AP, or you could emphasize something else to a smaller effect depending on the jungler).

Attack Speed works nicely instead of any of these for Warwick because of his lifestealing. However, since you're JUST hitting 20 and have a taste for jungling, I would go a more general route. Flat Health quints work on a huge number of builds (just watch the commentaries, spotlights, or read the guides), and flat armor seals are going to come in handy no matter which jungler you use, so start there.

Take Marks next, whichever aspect you choose to use them for and leave Glyphs for last.

AntiTcb

02-18-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIntentions View Post
Don't go armor pen on WW. He almost exclusively deals magic damage so armor pen isn't that helpful. I fun full attack runes and main WW. After building madred's i go tank items (one of which should be spirit visage). Unless you have a super beefy team, leave the main damage output to your carries. But yes, on WW at level 20 you can effectively jungle him 5v5 or 3v3 with straight attack speed runes. Make sure to get the experience masteries though or your jungle will be gimped pretty badly.
You adjust your runes to maximize your jungle efficiency. You are autoattacking a majority of the time, and Armor Pen/Attack Speed is a bigger benefit.

Magic Penetration loses value because of Malady (which you should be getting. The synergy between it, Warwick's Q, and Madred's is too good to pass up).

Cholologist

02-18-2011

never go to that website for builds.