New Free Champions (Week 10)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

notDeAdYet

01-30-2010

so.... how.. are you guys gonna remake TF?
i mean... i was prepared for this from day 1 but :P
exactly... what's gonna happen? i'm a bit scared.

Decepticon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-30-2010

i have a question.

What's the point of spending money to buy Champions that are free every other week? Yeah i know you can use the Champion all the time but if i go into a match and someone picks a Champion i own and they don't before me and i cant use it for the match that would piss me off. I think if someone or multiple people in the team owns a Champion and the rest don't there should be like a 10 second countdown so they have the chance of picking the Champion first before someone who didn't spend hard earned REAL MONEY aka Riot points and /Influence points on the Champion.
Sure it gives everybody a "1 Week Demo" see if they wanna purchase it. I just think its unfair in a way.

Quintanilla

01-31-2010

how can i know that i can have a higher ip to get. Because when i win the game my ip is inly low

why is that happen?

Devil May LOL

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzXO View Post
i have a question.

What's the point of spending money to buy Champions that are free every other week? Yeah i know you can use the Champion all the time but if i go into a match and someone picks a Champion i own and they don't before me and i cant use it for the match that would piss me off. I think if someone or multiple people in the team owns a Champion and the rest don't there should be like a 10 second countdown so they have the chance of picking the Champion first before someone who didn't spend hard earned REAL MONEY aka Riot points and /Influence points on the Champion.
Sure it gives everybody a "1 Week Demo" see if they wanna purchase it. I just think its unfair in a way.
Unless your champ is popular, like twitch, teemo, tris... hardly anyone will pick your champ. Especially champ that cost 975 RP like anivia, karthus, blitz, I may see them get picked once every 10 or 15 games.
Besides, you can always unlock them using IP if you don't want to spend money. It's just a faster way for people to get their favourite champ. I can spend one week playing 10 games a day just to unlock my anivia, but there are people that dont have that much time they can just spend money and unlock her. It's fair.

Dorkko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugzXO View Post
i have a question.

I think you make a very interesting point here. I wonder if any balance should be place on these variables. For both sides of the coin it I imagine it would suck if both wanted to play that particular character whether it be that they purchased it or through free rotation. Entitlement versus testing/promotion of the game. I do on some levels agree that those who purchased their champions should be given some sort of entitlement but in many ways it's hard to argue past that owners already get to use it whenever they want and only issue is during rotation. However non-owners only have a limited time during rotation to truly test out a champion. I think on that note, I would have to say I think the system is fair the way it is. But I think your point has some reasoning to it and really puts me personally on the fence about it. However, the more RP/IP a champion costs generally the less it appears on rotation thus creating a positive correlation I think that repays you with more time to use it as a owner vs rotation based on how much you spend. I think that's fair =)

Blazekaiser

01-31-2010

Reasonable, but I dont know whether non-unlocked characters should have priority over unlocked ones.

For players that dont have a character that means they have 7 days more or less to test any characters they might want to get. For those that own the character they can spend severals days without that character, but weeks with that Champion useable. Even if they are temporary unlocked, people still need to pick them. In week 9 when twitch was unlocked, he was only picked about half the time.

Again some characters need more time in the rotation. It would partially fix this so you dont get certain characters 2 or more weeks in a row or get some characters alot and others almost not at all(Nidalee comes to mind).

2xHero

01-31-2010

I did some analyzing to determine what the pricing levels of the new champions should be. I also am assuming that they use the RP level prices shown here. http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...4&d=1258703611

Week 11 has:
1 Heroic - Sivir
5 Epic - Alistar, Twisted Fate, Veigar, and Zilean
4 Legendary - Anivia, Gangplank, Shaco, and Taric
This would leave Gragas at Epic level.

Week 12 has:
3 Heroic - Ashe, Soraka, and Ryze
4 Epic - Nasus, Singed, and Teemo
3 Legendary - Blitzcrank, Heimerdinger, Karthus
This would also leave Pantheon at Epic level.

Also, for those who keep asking about the 2 weeks in a row with Twisted Fate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotChris View Post
We wanted to discourage people from buying Twisted Fate for 2 weeks. Here's why (from Zileas actually):

We intended to do a slight remake, but enlarged the scope of the changes after some private consultations with TF players suggested that it wouldn’t be well received – so we are taking our time on it to make sure that it solves the problems while pleasing current TF players.

We've put him on free so people don't have a reason to buy him in case they weren't expecting the changes. To people who bought him a while ago, I would say that they have had a lot of time to enjoy the character, and everyone who plays League of Legends knows we are constantly tweaking to improve the game. We just wanted to minimize the number of people who buy Twisted Fate on one day and he is different on the next.

- RiotChris

Finally, I would like to have Nidalee in week 13.

Korlee

01-31-2010

I find it kinda sad the two new hero's are not there at once. Their abilities read as a great combination to play together and me along with my friend really wanted to try them out together. Ah.. well can't have everything.

I am saddened though by the fact we are not getting one this week. I was looking forward to trying the spartan guy and then the following week be joined maybe by my friend on the dwarf.

Glad to see that currently broken pos Ud is pushed off the chart for awhile. Now maybe you can make it so Hemi's are not just doing rocket spam eh? Every other game it is the same with no turret placement. Come on? Half life to a fourth gone from a huge distance away with few items? Ya, work on that.

bulletsun

02-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motas View Post
Since when have Heimer and Morgana been support?
There are only 3 supports (Taric, Sorka, Zilean)
until you guys decide to make more...
morgana has a shield that blocks magical damage and debuffs that can cast on allied champions, we can say his a disabler/support and one thing janna is also a support and even kayle half support half melee dps

doofdoofpower

02-01-2010

Gonna see a hell lot of frozen pigeons on a platter.