Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Help] Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viral

Recruiter

01-27-2010

I want to get better at playing TF. I basically suck as him. I've read all of the guides and whatnot, but I cannot seem to put that into practice. Should I start out as a different champion and then work my way up to TF? I've also tried searching youtube and dailymotion for some TF videos but nothing really helpful there; however, I did find one video on youtube.

Can anyone give me some TF assistance?

CageHN

Recruiter

01-27-2010

I would recommend to use a less complex hero before trying to master TF.

Viral

Recruiter

01-27-2010

Well, which less complex champion still has a general playstyle like AP TF?

Coldilocks

01-27-2010

Most of TF value lies in your ability to have gold card whenever you need it. Practice a lot in practice games until you can get a gold card when the red card pop up first. Read guides and lots of practice is the only way for you to get better. Make sure you get the game basics down first too avoid embarassing death.

Benoit

Recruiter

01-27-2010

I played Annie as my main before switching to Twisted Fate, it helped a lot.

Don't start playing TF in normal game if you can't get a gold card 10 out of 10 PAC. The reason is, if you can't get a gold card at your fountain, you won't be able to get one when you're in the middle of a fight, being attacked, having to look at your health, other champions etc. I think locking gold card is fairly easy... The hard part is figuring out how to play him, when to use your abilities, guide maybe help, but you can only learn that in games.

x mentat x

01-28-2010

Ben0it nailed it on the head I think. The main issue with TF is not being, or not being able to gold card. The problem is keeping him alive and knowing when you can kill or not, when to retreat.

Having played casters almost exclusively, I'm used to playing someone who falls apart. But TF is ridiculous. He's slow, even with boots. Low hp. Even with gold card, you only have ONE shot to stun, and the stun may or may not be enough to save you. If you're getting ganked by 2+ enemies, your ult + gate may be an option, or a fleeing summoner spell like ghost or flash. Cleanse is also taken for survivability.

Besides these, surviving with him is still difficult. So you need to stay at a safe range and use your hard-hitting wild cards (hopefully they are) and be wary of other enemies skills and tactics to stay safe.

Farming early game has always been an issue for me because his damage when you first get into the lane leaves little room for error when last-hitting.

Try playing Annie, actually. Learning how to safe using range and utilizing your spells offensively / defensively with her will show you how tf should be played.

kinda. Remember, I'm no tf pro.

Al da Bok

01-28-2010

If you see someone : Press W. See red card, wait 0,75 sec, press W again, and click on low-hp hero. Then press Q, click on him again. Laugh hard.

If you can't see anyone : Press W, get a Gold Card, Press R, Press E next to a low-health hero. Click on him. Press A, click on him again.. Laugh even harder.

The only part that's not dead-easy is to get the gold card 100%. But after trying it 20 times it should be really simple. Then, just proceed to rule the map.

If this is still too tough for you, try Annie. Focus on being good with the stun. Watch how good players do it.

Good luck!

Rigario

01-28-2010

i have a slightly technical question about TF. dont want to create a new thread for it.

I recently got back to playing TF havent played him since like 2 patches.

I realized i PAC a gold card a the fountain ult+gate to a hero. but somehow my TF tosses his gold card w/o me actually clicking on something. Sometimes its creeps. Kinda annoys me esp if i miss the kill.

Is this something new? i dont remember it being like this.

Cëci

01-28-2010

It's not about how well you can pick a gold card but how well you can pick a gold card under pressure. I see so many new TF's pulling many gold cards in the early game harassing the hell out of my team only to find out that they cannot pull a single gold card in 1. Team Battles 2. Getaway. And that is the most important aspect for TF to be successful, pulling a red or blue card in team battle makes you completely useless as a TF. It's all about controlling your emotion and patiently picking your cards under all sorts of panicky situation. That's what separates a good TF from a bad TF.

Viral

Recruiter

01-28-2010

Quote:
Rigario:
i have a slightly technical question about TF. dont want to create a new thread for it.

I recently got back to playing TF havent played him since like 2 patches.

I realized i PAC a gold card a the fountain ult+gate to a hero. but somehow my TF tosses his gold card w/o me actually clicking on something. Sometimes its creeps. Kinda annoys me esp if i miss the kill.

Is this something new? i dont remember it being like this.

that's been there for a while. i don't really know a solution for it other then having the enemy hero being the closest thing to you when you gate.

as for the other advice, thanks. i can normally get gold about 9/10, but i'm still practicing. i guess the problem that i'm having with him is that there's a LOT of everyone that you must do. watch this, watch that, click that, click this, gate there, gate then, destiny there, destiny then, gold that, gold that, not that, gold that.