[New Champion] Cerbus, The Doppelganger

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Baby Weenus

01-27-2010

I thought of this idea for a new champion and am looking for some feedback. Tell me what you think please.

Cerbus, The Doppelganger ( Melee Champion)

(Q) - Cerbus swings hit spiked club dealing 50/75/125/175/225 (+ 1/2 AP) Damage over 5 second and disables the use of all Summoner Spells for the duration. (12 second cooldown)

(W) - Next attack causes 1/2/2.5/3/4 damage to target for each percent of health you are missing. (20 second cooldown)

(E) - After 4 second cast time your health and mana will be swapped. and you will be granted 10/15/20/25/30% increased attack speed for 8 seconds. Any movement or damage taken will cancel the cast. (90 second cooldown)

(R) - Champion becomes an exact duplicate (Including items health/mana left and abilities chosen) of target champion, friendly or enemy, for 15 seconds. During this time you can use all champion abilities that were not on cooldown at the time of the duplication. (180 second cooldown)

Passive: Every 5th ability that causes damage to Cerbus is mirrored and deals equal damage back at the caster.

I think this would be a unique and very fun champion to play, let me know your ideas/opinions.

csirus

01-27-2010

very good idea, my only comment would be to jack up the w skill, max of 380 dmg, rite b4 you die, with a 20 sec cooldown at lvl 5, mayb if you added an ap ratio to it. But otherwise very good idea

Sedon

01-27-2010

Interesting champion. Did you enter him into the contest? I don't remember seeing him.

Ragura

01-27-2010

I like this, very unique. However, it's sort of a waste to design 4 abilities that you lose when you mimic another champion. Perhaps, it could be changed to having the ultimate replaced with the ultimate of the target champion, with CD ready. This would allow for many strategies in team fights. And 180 sec CD is too long, because the other abilities at your disposal are mostly not damage related. I'd say 120 seconds, or even 100 to open up more strategy. Nobody wants your champion to end up as an auto attack damage dealer right?

Also, the mana/HP swap could have some nice strategies to go with it, but not if the channel will be interrupted by damage/movement. Then it's just going to be a bad Meditate, because you lose all your mana if you're hurt a lot.

5 seconds summoner ability lock is too much I think. With a 12 sec CD and CD reduction, you can almost keep it up on a champion indefinitely.

Overall one of the best suggested champion ideas I've read so far

Shadowmant

01-27-2010

R might be a bit to much. Making you be able to duplicate the look of any enemy champ visible on the map for 15/25/35 or until attacked would be nice though. It would allow you to infiltrate and hit the squishies on the enemy team if they are not paying attention to two of the same champ on the mini.

Kolyen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

I kinda like the R idea!

I was thinking about something like that a while ago.

My idea was to make it last longer than your 15 sec. But it would act as if you were in the ennemy team. Tower wouldn't hit you until you attack one of them, it would copy the name of the player, etc. A bit OP yeah, but maybe it would be possible to get hit by friendly fire or something?

Baby Weenus

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedon View Post
Interesting champion. Did you enter him into the contest? I don't remember seeing him.
I didn't know there was a contest running currently. Link?

Thanks for all the positive feedback and critiques so far. Yea the exact numbers need some tweaking for sure but I think he could be really fun once balanced. Also good Idea with maybe just copying the chosen champions Ultimate and look only... would be sweet to grab Karthas's Ult and wham their whole team right back lol.... or add 2 extra Shacos.

Mizea

01-27-2010

I like it for the most part, If E has such a long CD and can be interupted you might as well shorten the cast time or else it might be pretty useless against a ranged champ who can snipe you. Thats pretty much the only change I could think of. I'm curious though what he would look like?

Danulas

01-27-2010

Sweet jesus the possibilities are terrifying.

Imagine two Cannon Barrages, two Spray n' Prays, two Crowstorms, two Primordial Bursts (pick a champion and immediately remove them from the fight), two Interventions,

I think this champion would be super effective teamed with a champion with an ult that could stack like the ones mentioned above.

I feel that that sort of strategy would end up being a requirement to win games. Yes, it would required mirrored matchups, but EVERYONE will be picking champions who sync well with the Doppleganger in order to instill pure destruction. Two Gangplanks, Twitches, Fiddlestickses, Veigars or Kayles probably wouldn't be that uncommon.

This champion would be an absolute game-changer and I don't mean from separate game to separate game, I mean the entire game of League of Legends and how it's played would be completely changed.

I think what would soften the impact he makes on the game would be for the R spell to work like this:

You press R and select a champion within range (maybe a range of 1000 or something). If it is an ultimate that requires a target, then you immediately go into picking a target. Otherwise, the ultimate of the selected champion is used as soon as that campion is selected, or you have the ability to use the ultimate within the next 10 seconds or so.

Some things that would have to be looked at though: Shaco's ultimate, Twitch's ultimate, Cho'Gath's ultimate (would Cerbus get Feast stacks??), Tryndamere's ultimate (would Cerbus get Bloodlust stacks?), Nidalee's ultimate (would he turn into a cougar?). What would even happen with Heimerdinger's ultimate?

It seems like a really interesting champion though. I can only imagine the amount of skill required to play as him. The possibilities are endless. What I like about it is that there are champions to avoid like the plague (Kassadin, Corki, Udyr, Teemo)