Full UI Reskin: Perb_UI

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

itsTort

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

A suggestion to you Perb.

First, I love your UI. It's clean, simple and gives me a lot of screen space.. Good job!

Is there anyway that you could make it so that

1. The minimap is slightly smaller
2. The names plates to the left of the mini map would be far better on the top of the minimap!

That's all got. That would make my UI so much more pleasant

DaejinTye

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2011

At this rate, Perb is eventually goin' to hand out source-code with a walk-through on how to customize the UI entirely to sut their personal preferrences.

Perb

06-22-2011

Yorick patch messed up the UI a bit. Re-installing Perb UI should fix any problems.

pristine hymen

06-22-2011

yeah when i entered i had a weird black frame around some things

then when i tried to reinstall perb it said there were resolution files (like resolution parameters, 1600x900, 1920x1024) in multiple places. it asked to put them in data/config/hud or inside the .raf and no matter what i choose it crashes league whenever i try to start.

ive completely repaired league and tried every available place for these files (data/config/hud, inside the .raf, or not choosing anything and skipping it) or sometimes it wont even have the files pop up and it will still crash the game when i start.

only thing i can think of next is completely reinstalling league and reinstalling perb. i love your ui and i want it back. this is garbage.

i dont feel like completely reinstalling though.

pristine hymen

06-22-2011

yeah i think im just gonna stick with the default ui for a while ...

Hey Aqualung

06-23-2011

tf2 has their regular UI, and a min(imized) UI

LoL should have a min option, where its clean and barebones

Polka Dot Robot

06-25-2011

Perb, with the new system, is there a simple way to test changes without unpacking/repacking or using the skin installer?

I think I've figured out a simpler way of modifying the interface within Flash, rather than manually changing the translate, rotate, etc values inside SWiX. You still have to do a bit on manual editting in SWiX (mostly copying and pasting, and fixing the CharacterId's it screws up), but it'll be much less tedious when doing complete overhauls.

It hasn't been tested yet, but all of the values I've tried seem correct.

Perb

06-25-2011

I haven't tried it myself, but I'm pretty sure Matricus' ACE client uses the old file system.

Polka Dot Robot

06-25-2011

I can psuedo-edit through Flash now, but I'm having trouble expanding the bitmaps beyond their original dimensions. I've increased the bounds of the shape containing the bitmap, but the actual bitmap doesn't expand to fit, even though the bitmap was increased by the same amount. Before the new file system, I'd done it, but now nothing I've tried has worked. Are the bounds being forced inside the Scaleform tags?

EDIT: Increasing the scale 4x fixed it. It must be forcing the size, as the bitmap dimensions and bounds are matched.

Polka Dot Robot

06-26-2011

Woooooo. Done...ish. The ability icons aren't scaling correctly, but I don't really feel like opening up the ability icon sprite and manually each sub-sprite. As well, the animation for the ability level up buttons are in the wrong direction and it hides the buff icons behind the MiniPlayerHud when it comes up. There's nothing that can be done about that... yet.

The ACE client makes it a ton easy to test changes.

There's a file I'd like to give you, but wouldn't be kosher posting about it on these forums. It has huge potential for what we're doing. E-mail would be best.