Question: Master Yi Item Builds...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheIronDeveloper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

I have been having trouble finding an appropriate item build for Master Yi. No matter what I do, Master Yi is okay at the beginning, weak midgame, and a rape-tank endgame.

I have tried the following:

1st item
Doran Sword, Fairy mana regen (or Meki pendent), or rejuevination bead..

2nd item
berserkers greaves (or just boots)

After... (depending on whats going on...)
Phantom, Malady, Phage, Madred Razor, or an extra Zeal

Last item
Infinity Edge

I have read up on the guides, jungling doesnt seem to be as effective as I would like... so
I am curious what other players item builds are... since mid game seems to really slow me down.

Ethernia

01-27-2010

I have 2 different setups, one for solo queue and one for premade

Solo Queue

Brawlers gloves
Avarice blade
Avarice blade
Beserkers greeves
Executioners calling
Infinity edge
The Bloodthirster

It should be over around the time of infinity edge, what you get after that doesn't really matter, but note, this is only good against disorganized solo queue'ers, but it will melt face.

Premade

Dagger
Beserkers greeves
Zeal
Dagger
The Bloodthirster
Phantom Dancer
Inifinity edge

It should be over either way by now, your items after that really are just icing items.

With my solo queue, i have all crit % runes, with premade i have crit %, crit dmg and att speed, though im trying out arp.

Either of those builds give you a strong early, decent mid and rape end game. I usualy lane with someone that has a slow (nasus) or a stun.

TheIronDeveloper

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

So I am relatively new here (my level is 8 in game...), but a friend gave me the following as pointers...

* Boots are extremely important, ignoring them is just a bad idea (you're passing up I think a 50 speed increase otherwise)

* Money should be invested in HP or Mana regen. I am guessing to replace this, you get a few consumables early game so you don't need to bp that often?

___
You're first build doesn't go for boots at all, does it make a noticeable difference?

Also the

Ethernia

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTooya View Post
So I am relatively new here (my level is 8 in game...), but a friend gave me the following as pointers...

* Boots are extremely important, ignoring them is just a bad idea (you're passing up I think a 50 speed increase otherwise)

* Money should be invested in HP or Mana regen. I am guessing to replace this, you get a few consumables early game so you don't need to bp that often?

___
You're first build doesn't go for boots at all, does it make a noticeable difference?

Also the
I knew i forgot something edited the solo queue setup, boots are extremely important.

I disagree with the hp or mana regen investment, you can golem for the mana, and you have life steal for your health, i do not buy pots, late game i will get elixirs

I also bp alot, for that reason and for tower pushing, i have teleport, my other skill is exhaust

TheIronDeveloper

01-27-2010

Thank you very much

Unhandled

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehTooya View Post
I have been having trouble finding an appropriate item build for Master Yi. No matter what I do, Master Yi is okay at the beginning, weak midgame, and a rape-tank endgame.
If you're playing against skilled players this is VERY common. Master Yi has a weak mid-game and in a high ELO 5v5 situation you are pretty much guaranteed to have trouble getting ganks off quick enough as most players have some form of CC that will get them away from you before you can hit your ult.

In pub games, however, you can have a dominant midgame with some lucky early ganks. If you get enough, you might want to consider BF sword and then IE to win the game but you shouldn't rely on IE to have a good Yi.

The only thing you should fear as Master Yi is the other team outlevelling you. If they do, they can outsurvive you. Thus, the one thing to focus on is getting to lvl 6 as quickly as possible so you get your ult off before they get theirs. You're not going to do that with a dagger or with boots. You're going to do it with Meki Pendant and Alpha Strike and two health potions so you can lane longer than you would otherwise.

First time back you get boots and a vampric scepter.

Second time back you finish your boots or get zeal (or bow on your way to Starks)

Third time back you finish stark's or phantom dancer.

If the game has went long enough for you to have Stark's Fervor and Phantom Dancer with your finished boots, you should be clearly winning by now. If not, you should consider surrendering. IE and Phage/Frozen Mallet are great to work towards, but honestly it should probably be overkill at this point.