I have an issue with WASD keybinding.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

interwebhobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

So, I have been playing way too many games where I used WASD keybindings [who doesn't?] and I am just not a fan of moving the screen with my mouse/arrow keys so I rebound camera movements to WASD and skills to 1234 and summoner skills and item activations around my fingers, which works extremely nicely. I am glad to see this works, but I have had a problem.

The problem is when I start typing, the camera moves whenever I use WASD, of course. I don't really mind this, but it can get my character off-screen if I am trying to type to a team mate. This has actually lead to my death a few times early game. [Sitting in the brush and trying to type while watching out for a gank is nearly impossible.]

I realize that not many people may unbind the keys from their original positions and rebind to what I have, but I was wondering if there was any way/any plans to implement a lock on the camera when you have pressed enter and have the chatbox up.

Any thoughts/comments are appreciated, aside from the derogatory ones, of course.

SlyGoat

01-27-2010

Hit Y before you start typing.

Although I agree that's problematic.

interwebhobo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyGoat View Post
Hit Y before you start typing.

Although I agree that's problematic.
I appreciate this... I assume you mean before opening up the chatbox, right? Yeah... I guess beyond that it's just a matter of being American [lazy.]

Lima Beans

Core Engineer

01-27-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

This is a bug, thanks for the report.

DonkeyBalls

01-27-2010

Why arent the keys bound to ASDF and why don't people change their bindings to those keys?

interwebhobo

01-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
This is a bug, thanks for the report.
I appreciate the quick reply and I'm glad I could be of help =]