Maokai builds? Tank or caster

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Castro2man

02-17-2011

I think the build i have developed is very good on Moakai.

First item should be ruby crystal, then get the catalyst, depending on how much CC, and how well your doing, eithe grab the rod of ages or the banshees veil, after get boots of swiftness(the extra speed is crucial IMO) for a second item ALWAYS get a chalice of harmony, it is crucial, because of how mana starved moakia is.

by this time, mid game should be established.

Now for the next set of items all depend on the composition of the enemy tream, you will either get a frozen heart or a FoN, for the last few items, you get a Leviathian(if the fights are going well and ur getting lots of assist)

the last 2 items whatever the situation calls for.

This has worked extremely well with maokai.

Hurs

02-17-2011

Has anyone had success with a full AP build?

Darathos

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Fury S View Post
im thinking that new item would be a really good mid-late game pickup on him Morrelo's something that adds 75 AP 15% CDR and 12 mana regen.....seems like a deadly item for him after RoA/boots/banshees
or something like that.

Aswell i have not played him either but those items i think would fit him really well
Deathfire grasp is still beter

Darathos

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurs View Post
Has anyone had success with a full AP build?
I have, my games recently have all ended pretty early on. But I have gottent a chance... problem was I was also the "tank" so that game didnt turn out well. Basicly you have to build him like you would singed. anti caster or melee items and the rest make beefy caster items like rod of ages and abyssal rod. His ap ratios are to low to be an effective caster carry, so you have to make him tough to kill while keeping around 200-350ap

Ansatsusha Kaori

02-17-2011

Guys, going full AP is failure. Over 80% of this community doesn't tank/hasn't tanked before and sees him as OMFGWTFPWNINDPS! He is very Tanky and can ruin some champs, but TANKY is the keyword. You build hardcore DMG mitigation if you're main tanky, and some AP/DMG mitigation if you're support. L2Play with Rammus, Shen, Blitz, Gargas, Galio, Amumu or Nunu first to get the concept of tanking. Soo many newbs. Don't even know why I bothered posting this, but getting sick of all the DPS builds that have failed soooooo many. He is not a god**** mage.

Hurs

02-17-2011

O.o I was just wondering if it was viable, no need for all that. I realize he is supposed to be tanky.

Ansatsusha Kaori

02-17-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurs View Post
O.o I was just wondering if it was viable, no need for all that. I realize he is supposed to be tanky.
Sorry, but it's been a crazy night with soo many failed games on my end due to a ton of imcompetant Maokais'.

Hurs

02-17-2011

Yeah, that's why I was coming on the forums before trying it out in a real game XD

Darathos

02-17-2011

Why am I getting thumbs down, Hes a support tank. If you really think he can be 100% effective with 0 ap have at it. If you think he can be 100% effective with no tanky items have at it. I dont. I said you should play him with around 200-350 ap and a bunch of tank items. So far I have won most of my games on Maokai as a mix of high survival and decent ap.

Ansatsusha Kaori

02-17-2011

I've personally been playing him in custom bot games to come up with all sorts of builds.

So far I have this.

Doran's Shield
Boots
Meki Pendant
Finish Boots ][ Situational ][ of your farming good, get a Chalice right off the bat then finish Boots.
Banshees
Then, You can either get Sunfire or Force of Nature.
So far against bots though, not really sure what to get afterwards. The situation at this point is I'm fed and bots provide no building info thereafter. CDR, HP and Regen would be your best bet. Any item that focuses on those 3.