XP/IP Change FAQ

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Meloku

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-28-2011

wow this sucks..

An Underage Girl

03-01-2011

I've played plenty of 60+ minute games and not gotten 100 IP... lol.

Locke nFlux

03-01-2011

The new system encourages games where a clearly dominating team will wait out the timer, while a losing team is forced to think about forfeiting early because they THINK they'll lose (to mitigate a long, losing match with little IP). In a long match the losing team gets so little IP they are very disappointed.

A 50 minute match should be equal in IP to two 25 minute matches, otherwise the whole "Reward IP based on time" system is completely illegitimate.

I played in a 70 minute match yesterday, the other team had twice the number of kills throughout the match right until the end, but my team had heart and played it out. We almost won. Ended up losing and getting 80 IP. We could have simply forfeited and played 3 short matches and gotten 2x or 3x more IP.

Why would you (Riot) want to discourage playing through a match in favour of quick forfeits? It erodes enjoyment and competitiveness. It destroys the idea of underdogs thinking quickly, making smart decisions, and having a comeback victory.

Arezslan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-02-2011

Got 90 ip from a 45 minute game. Yeah this new patch didn't fix it to match your graph.

I wouldn't mind the change if It actually matched the data you provided >_>

TiV3

03-02-2011

I have a request to make.

Calculate average game lengths and IP gain per win/loss for different elo brakets, from BEFORE the change was made, tell us about em, and base the IP/time gain for the new system on that.

mynameisraw

03-03-2011

i like the old way better. i feel like im not getting any ip

Verum Dice

03-03-2011

The graph lies.

Noteza555

03-05-2011

Is it a bug when i play a custom game and get only 20ip

Arezslan

03-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslann View Post
Got 90 ip from a 45 minute game. Yeah this new patch didn't fix it to match your graph.

I wouldn't mind the change if It actually matched the data you provided >_>
M'kay I played a Twisted Treeline game that dragged on for 55 minutes and I got 145 IP. I believe it matches the graph now. Thanks for tweaking it ^_^

Tuks

03-07-2011

1. graph is clearly wrong
2. 90% of my games are 20-25 min games.. allways been like this.. and every time i see 60ish for a win i wana hang myself.

the amount of time it takes to get a 6k hero is higer..
the amount of 6k heros is a lot higer now..
geting runes for the amount of heros we have.. and put them in 3 god **** pages takes so much time that i have over 1500 games played and still dont have any proper tanking pages or phisical carry pages..